Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soap adapter to call abap web service fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have scenario File --> PI (7.1) --> SOAP

while soap adatper calls abap (NW7.0) web service which is based on a proxy generated for an inbound interface defined in PI.

When I execute the scenario, in communication channel monitor in RWB, I got error;

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: response message contains an error Application/UNKNOWN/APPLICATION_ERROR - application fault

Do you have any idea why this happens?

Some more information. I've configured SOAP receiver communication with external web service before, it worked fine. The only difference is that the abap (NW7.0) web service enables WS-RM and other ws standard. I am not sure if this kind of ws can be called using soap adapter. When I tried to call this abap web service from wsnavigator, I got error:

Dynamic Proxy API does not support WSRM. See operation: SI_Requisition_In_A

So you have clue about this?

Thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

If i Understand right, you are trying to call a ABAP Proxy or rather a Enterprise Service modelled in the ESR , implemented in the ECC backend and published in the service regsitry from XI using the WS Adapter.

If yes, has the Publishing of the Service in the SR complete? Is the URL being used in the WS adapter right?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

it`s not a ES, not even published into SR. In ESR, the inbound service interface is defined, in the backend abap system, the server proxy is generated, then the proxy is defined as web service in soamanager, once service defined, you can get the wsdl with endpoint in soamanager. With the wsdl you can make service call.

Thanks

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson

Are you using SOAP adapter or WS adapter with PI 7.1.

I am not sure for the SOAP adapter is able to invoke WS-RM compatible web service.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

that's exactly my question. With ws adapter it works fine. The problem I have is with SOAP adapter. What I think, it should be also working, the only thing is that those ws standard feature might not be availlable with SOAP adapter. But need confirmation.

thanks