Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Synchronizing Company Address in SCUG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm not sure which forum I should post this message in but I'm in the process of implementing CUA in our clients and am trying to synchronize the Company address in the clients, but I get an error without any helpful information. I do notice that the clients in which I'm having a problem synchronizing have a different layout for company address. For instance, the central system's layout uses Country and Region in SUCOMP whereas the client in which I'm having problems synchronizing uses Country/City/State/and ZIP. The only error indicator I get is the red box with an "@5C@". I have been searching for solutions without much luck. Is this because the address layout is different (although the sync was successful in another client that had a different layout) or is it likely something else?

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Sorry, I'm not sure which forum I should post this message in but I'm in the process of implementing CUA in our clients and am trying to synchronize the Company address in the clients, but I get an error without any helpful information. I do notice that the clients in which I'm having a problem synchronizing have a different layout for company address. For instance, the central system's layout uses Country and Region in SUCOMP whereas the client in which I'm having problems synchronizing uses Country/City/State/and ZIP. The only error indicator I get is the red box with an "@5C@". I have been searching for solutions without much luck. Is this because the address layout is different (although the sync was successful in another client that had a different layout) or is it likely something else?

Since you haven't received any replies, let me give this a shot.

What happens when you run SCUG on parent CUA and select child CUA system and click on "Company Addresses"? Do you at least get a "Sychronization of the Company Address" list. Please reply/post with "Overview" output.

John N.

0 Kudos

The parent system is where I am getting the error when trying to push the company address out to the child system. Red Circle...Specifically it says "Synchronization completed with errors @5C@" But I can't tell exactly what the error was, there is no other information.

0 Kudos

>

> The parent system is where I am getting the error when trying to push the company address out to the child system. Red Circle...Specifically it says "Synchronization completed with errors @5C@" But I can't tell exactly what the error was, there is no other information.

OK, in that case, let's see the health of your CUA. Run SCUA on the parent->click on CHANGE->click on SAVE. On the display logs do you get all GREEN on the CUA and Child system?

0 Kudos

Greens across the board...

0 Kudos

>

> The parent system is where I am getting the error when trying to push the company address out to the child system. Red Circle...Specifically it says "Synchronization completed with errors @5C@" But I can't tell exactly what the error was, there is no other information.

I just want to be clear which button you click when you push the company address...

On SCUG there are two "Company Addresses". Hover over the button and it should read either...

1. Synchronize Company Addresses in Central System (F6)

2. Distribute Synchronize Company Addresses to Target Systems (F7)

Which one?

0 Kudos

It doesn't matter. Either way, if I distribute all at once or try to synchronize one at a time I get the same error.

0 Kudos

>

> It doesn't matter. Either way, if I distribute all at once or try to synchronize one at a time I get the same error.

Interesting, I have to admit this is unusual.

>

I do notice that the clients in which I'm having a problem synchronizing have a different layout for company address. For instance, the central system's layout uses Country and Region in SUCOMP whereas the client in which I'm having problems synchronizing uses Country/City/State/and ZIP

Have you tried to have the child system the same address layout as the parent.

0 Kudos

Hi

I have seen problems like this before, I have found this report RSADRCK2 on your client system, it's a Mass Update of users without address. It has helped me a couple of times

Regards

Morten

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still don't know what the problem was. I tried multiple times to sync various addresses. I came in today and was able to sync all but one. Then waited a while and tried the last one again and it worked??? I don't know why, but at least everything is synched now. Apparently layout is not the problem. Thanks for your input.