cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two XIu0092s in same scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI experts,

I’m dealing with a scenario that I’ve never worked with and it seams a little bit complex to me! I have two XI’s in different SLD’s, one SLD per XI. So it means that not all Business systems are known for both XI’s.

Scenario: B.Sys P <> second XI <> first XI <--> B.Sys X

An example to clarify the scenario: The action starts when I send an IDOC from the Business Sys X for the first XI. The first XI picks up the IDOC and transforms it in XML file to send it for the second XI via SOAP adapter. When the XML file enters on the second XI, the sender service (business sys) on SOAP header message is the Business Sys X and is unknown for this second XI. So it generates an error during this process… It can’t determinate anything!!!

In a tentative to fix this issue I’m thinking in these ideas:

Find a way to change on runtime the relevant fields in the SOAP header, like the sender service, message interface, namespace, etc… So during the transformation on first XI, it will change the SOAP header in the relevant fields for sender service, message interface and namespace of XI itself. If it is possible to do something like this, than I think the second XI will recognize the incoming XML messages, because it will be waiting messages from the first XI (acting like a simple application system) and not from the Business sys X which it never knew (different SLD).

Another idea: instead of doing the sending of IDoc to the second XI “directly”, I could create one sender and receiver adapter on business system of first XI itself and when the business sys sends the IDoc, the first XI receive the IDoc and transforms it on XML file and put it on a folder with File Adapter. After this, a sender SOAP Adapter picks up this file and does another transformation (mapping) and sends the message to the second XI. The objective of this last mapping is to change the SOAP header with the sender service, message interface and namespace of XI itself.

Guys I would appreciate any ideas or better suggestions to fix an issue like this.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

>>>>Find a way to change on runtime the relevant fields in the SOAP header,

there's a more standard way to do it:

using <b>party object</b>:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/81/104bb1fbab254c8644877c7f856bbf/content.htm

you can try using them in both cases:

<b>Inbound Processing - normalization:</b>

to change the message header from many external

parties to just one

<b>Outbound Processing - denormalization</b>

to change header if you send messages from many

business system to just one - which is used

by some exterla system later on

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Thanks a lot for the idea.

But I don’t understand one thing; I need to create two parties in both XI’s? Or either, I need to create a First XI party and Second XI party in first XI and do the same in the second XI… Both parties must be known for both XI’s? I’m asking this because; when I try to create a receiver determination I need to fill the party, service, interface and namespace of receiver service! If it so, how can First XI know the interface and namespace from Second XI?

One more thing, do you know where I can find some documentation or weblogs about this subject?

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Michal,

I think I have found a simple way to fix this issue without parties.

In receiver agreement we can check the checkbox “sender service” about header mapping. When the IDoc is trigged from Business system X, after XML transformation, the first XI sends the message to the second XI with XI it self like sender service and not Business system X as before. As first XI can be known for the second XI and reverse is also applied, and the namespace is the same for both XI’s… When the message enters on second XI, it has everything to be forward (service, interface and namespace) for any BPM or Business system.

Thanks a lot for your great help.

Cheers,

Ricardo.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wow sorry for not answering but I did't notice your response

but you're right! I completely forgot about

the famous header mapping

you see there are many standard ways XI offers you:)

that's why I like this tool so much

BTW

thanks you've updated this thread

maybe in the future someone else will have the problem

Regards,

michal