cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Tables/views into ECC 5.0 SAP system from Non-SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for some inputs on how to set up the following scenario of extracting data stored in tables/views in a non-sap external system into my SAP ECC 5.0 SAP database.

Currently we are using a middleware between SAP and the external system to fetch data. I would like to get rid of the middleware and set up a scenario to call this non-sap external system and pull data stored in views into our SAP system directly. Is that possible in SAP version 5.0? If yes let me know the steps to be performed... do I need to set up XI ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

Are you trying to migrate some data from a non-SAP system into SAP System?

If yes, there are multiple ways of doing this. To answer your questions, XI is not mandatory in this case. You can simply dump the data into a flat file from the non-SAP system and write a custom program in SAP, to upload the data into the required custom tables.

If you want to pull/push the data from the non-SAP system, then you might require a middleware.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we are using a middleware. SAP sends a trigger to the middleware, which inturn contacts the non-sap system, picks up the data and dumps the data in our staging tables. This is a custom development.

However, my requirement is to eliminate this middleware totally, so that SAP could directly fetch the data into the staging tables from the non-sap system without the middleware.

fyi.. the views/tables in SAP exactly match the views in non-sap system.

How do I proceed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

What kind of legacy system we are talking about? Is SAP capable of directly talking to that system?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.. we should be able to extract the tables/views from the non-sap system.