cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver versus Netweaver CE

Former Member
0 Kudos

A simple but important question:

The Netweaver Composition Environment is the successor of the Netweaver 7.x or they are ramifications of the plataform that will always coexist? Is Netweaver CE a superset of Netweaver? That is not cleat to me.

In the SDN menu SAP Netweaver is under "Main releases". Netweaver Composition Environment is a separate ítem.

Composite applications, or "composites," access existing functionality via service-enabled interfaces. The SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 provides a toolset and runtime for developing, running, and efficiently managing composite applications using SAP's enterprise SOA. It builds upon proven technologies that have been enhanced and integrated to provide greater functionality and flexibility. Among them are:

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio for service creation and provisioning

SAP NetWeaver Application Server for Java

Service Registry and repository for service management

SAP NetWeaver Business Process Management (with Enhancement Package 1) and Guided Procedures for process modeling

SAP NetWeaver Business Rules Management (with Enhancement Package 1) for rules modeling

SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer for UI modeling

SAP Composite Application Framework for Java business object modeling and service abstraction

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marcelo_sehnem
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ivan,

I copied your question to the Portuguese Netweaver Forum, hope we can help you with your question:

The link to the portuguese version of this thread is:

Regards,

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Marcelo, but I can't see the portuguese version: "Error: you do not have permission to view the requested forum or category."

See also: a response in the [Composition Environment Forum|;.

marcelo_sehnem
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Try this link:

Anyway, I just realized that you are from Spain. But there is also a Netweaver Forum in Spanish:

/community [original link is broken]

Regards,

Marcelo