cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can introduce the development contents of the project using java ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , Web Dynpro experts:

Could u introduce the working contents of the project using java ?

1. Do you develop function that would run in a sap standard system(such as CRM ,internet sales)? OR develop a completely independent web application base on client's demand(EJB,JSP,HTML)?

2.Do all the user interfaces run in web browser ?

In a word ,I just want to know what picture is it as you are using java to work on SAP ,Because I must study AP&JAVA duo to the coming project. Could you explain it for me about SAP&JAVA in any perspective according to your project experience .

BTW: I have 2 years experience on J2EE and 1 year on ABAP. So how i should get started ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guixin,

The most common structure for building a WebDynPro application is to expose functionality from underlying systems and present it using the WebDynPro UI. Often the underlying system is a SAP ERP/CRM type system, but can also be any WebService compliant system, or a combination of both.

Using the Netweaver System Landscape Directory (SLD), WebDynPro can send and receive data independantly of the source. SAP ERP/CRM systems will expose their functionality using RFC-enabled BAPIs. These functions can be standard SAP delivered modules or custom developed using ABAP.

The choice of where to develop your business logic really depends on the history/strengths of your organisation. If you have a strong history of ABAP development in SAP, then it would be recommended to use ABAP for your business logic and WebDynPro for UI. If J2EE is the strong suit, use that instead.

The WebDynPro interface runs in a browser (either IE or Firefox) however there is a beta version of a WebDynPro GUI for Windows which may offer some performance improvements.

HTH,

Jonathan

Answers (0)