cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate the DC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I imported the standard application in Webdynpro Java. How can I activate the DC's in the webdynpro screen for that particular application...?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Proper track is created. Then just go to DC perspective there you can see three blocks. In the Local DC(middle) just right click then click on import configuration -->select remote radio button >select track u want to import. Then you can see the required DC in your active DC's(First window). There just right click on the DC and select Create Project. Then u can see that DC in your Webdynpro perspective. After making required changes just (third window) Just Chekout>activate and finally release.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i try to Create project,it is not coming under Webdynpro Explorer.What may be the reason?

Thanks&Regards,

Stars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it's not opening in WD Explorer that means it won't be a WD DC. Open your J2EE or Java perspective and see if it's a J2EE or Java DC.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi murthuza,

How can I veiw the J2EE or java perspective?Another question Is ESS Address DC a Webdynpro DC or Java DC?

Thanks&Regards,

Stars

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has bunch of DCs including WD, Java.....

To change perspective navigate to the following path

Windows>Open Perspective>Other and then select J2EE perspective or Java Perspective or any perspective that you want to try.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur immediate reply.I came to know that ESS Address DC is a webdynpro DC.What may be the problem? I am hung..

Thanks&Regards,

stars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open you navigator view (the tab just besides the WD explorer) and check if you can see your DC there. This would give you an assurance that it was created successfully.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can see the DC in navigator.But not in Webdynpro Explorer. I can see some file(folders) are missing in the navigator view for example folders like gen_wdp..

Thanks&Regards,

stars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Go to your DC perspective and sync the project once and see if it resolves the problem.

2. If the problem still persists then I would recommened to delete this local copy of your project and try creating once again.

Regards,

Murtuza

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

-

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you try to do any change in the code, WD will pop up a message saying you have to checkout the application. If you are alredy logged into DTR it will prompt for activity name, give the activity name and do the necessary changes. ( if not logged into DTR it will ask for DTR login id and password).

After saving, building the application go to Activities view ( in WD framework the down part), select the activity which you have created previously and choose Checkin from the context menu.

it will be checked in.

PradeeP

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Activities contain versions of resources, such as development components. After checking an activity, all changes that are assigned to the activity are stored in the repository (DTR) and the new version of the resource becomes visible to other users. To check an open activity into the DTR:

1. Open the Development Infrastructure perspective.

2. In the Open Activities view, select the activity node and choose Checkin from the context menu.

In the Check-In Activity window that appears, you can add a description or change the name of the activity.

3. Choose OK.

4. In the Activation window that appears now, choose Cancel. You will be able to activate the resources in a separate step.

Check the messages displayed on the DTR Console view. In particular, no errors should be displayed there. As a result of a successful procedure, the activity will be closed and the corresponding node will be removed from the Open Activities view.

The new version of the resources is stored on the server and is visible to other users. Logon on to the NWDI with another valid user and check the visibility

for more details check this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/4dd573df62579de10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Thanks