cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with sapstartsrv return code -1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, i'm trying to install the preview and on step 2 it fails registering sapstartsrv, the error message is the following:

Execution of the command "C:\usr\sap\J2E\SCS01\exe\sapstartsrv.exe -r -q -p C:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile\START_SCS01_WRODRIGUEZ -s J2E -n 01 -U WRODRIGUEZ\SAPServiceJ2E -P ******** -e WRODRIGUEZ\j2eadm" finished with return code -1. Output: Cannot register COM interface.

if i check window's event viewer, i see:

Cannot open Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP\J2E\Environment (Error 2 ENOENT*: No such file or directory OR: The system cannot find the file specified. ) [ntservmgr.cpp 264]

So i create those in the registry manually and still not working.

The WEIRDEST thing is that everytime i restart my computer i can see sapstartsrv service running...

PLEASE, can someone help??

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we were having the very same problem, and after a while we figured it out.

Check if user SAPServiceJ2E and user j2eadm are part of the group Administrators in your windows (in windows2000 look for computer manager/local users and groups)

In our case they weren't, we add them to Administrators group and bypassed this error.

I hope this helps you out.

Regards,

Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anything against this error??? nobodyever answer when it's about sapstartsrv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check that an OS user used for installation has Administrator (or similar) authorizations.

2. You may have some inconsistent entries

in your DCOM/COM pertain to SAP libs. You can try to modify/remove them manually via dcomcnfg.exe . Please do it carefully though.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, i've been trying to install it with the user administrator. What do you mean inconsistencies? can give any example? The weird thing is that it says that doesn't have permission to write to the registry key, but i've checked a thousand times and it has...

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have "Remote Registry" service started.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Remote Registry service is started...

thanks in advance,

unknown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, something i forgot to say, when i go to control panel->event viewer, i can see the following error:

Cannot open Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIE\Software\SAP\J2E\Environment

I check the registry and i can see that the key doesn't exist, i create it manually and nothing happens, it keeps giving the same error. The thing is that i think installation program cannot create the key. I followed instructions from the post:

And it didn't work for me.

Please, does anyone have any insight on this? i'd really like to install the preview...

thanks in advance