cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_ECC_6.0 Migration from Windows 32bit -> Windows 64bit_2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tech Masters,

I have recently done with SAP ECC6 migration from Windows 2003_32bit to Windows 2003_x86_64 platform.

DB is Oracle 10g, No such critical errors found during migration, But Now I am facing a big problem related to memory utilization, The source machine have 5GB RAM and utilization of 8-9 GB total memory i.e including virtual memory Where as in the Target System ( Windows 64bit) after system copy done, Its using 22GB + memory ( RAM 8 GB , Virtual Mem : 16 GB assigned ). Database sizes are same in both machine but memory utilization are different in huge term. Its impacting in performance badly.

Please suggest how to solve the problem where to start and how to proceed.... My bad days are going on..

Need your master help ...

Ravi Pal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member299080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason may be that you have increased the memory parameters for this new system and it is now using the memory slice you provided. Try to identify what are the areas that are using more memory using transaction ST02. Also review the recommendations for memory parameters in the following notes:

146289 - Parameter Recommendations for 64-Bit SAP Kernel

88416 - Zero administration memory management as of 4.0A/ Windows

Marco

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done around 6 or 7 migrations using Windows from 32 to 64 bits and all of them did the same. In fact when you install using 64 bits you need around 20Gb of swap files, a lot more than when using 32 bits so I think this is "normal" so, as already mentioned, you should take a look at the SAP notes about memory parameters but don´t expect to get the same memory usage as before.