cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex scenario: help please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have 2 input files. The material creates the first file create a material (file-RFC), the second file update data of these materials (where previously they were created) (file-IDOC). My scenario is to

file1to RFC (create material)

file2 to IDOC (update material data)

the file2 checks if the material has already been created, if it passes the data to the IDOC and if not send an alert by mail and must schedule a job to return to reprocess.

Can I do this?

Thanks,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure ...can be done ..infact you can make it 2 different scenario one for creation and other for changing the material and generating alerts.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create two scenatios.

1. File - XI - RFC async

2. file2 checks if the material has already been created

You may use RFC lookup to check this.

if it passes the data to the IDOC and if not send an alert by mail

You may use BPM to return the Idoc ack and send a mail either through mail adapter of Control step.

must schedule a job to return to reprocess.

From XI point of view, the message goes successful in both the cases, therefore restarting from XI end won't be possible. Administrator has to resend the file manually.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes u can do this .

but according to you file 1 is used to create material and for this scenario u dont required alert.

that means it never fails .

for file 2 is used for update the meterial and in this case u required alert to be triggred if its failes...

this means in sceond case u need to get the responce back that is this successful or not..

and u r using file to idoc for second...

my concern is getting responce from idoc is very tough ...

so why u are not going for file to idoc scenario for file 1 and file to rfc scenario for file 2...

which will help u in getting responce back more easly....

regards.

navneet