cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run of external programs from different application servers

rey_christope
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are moving our infrastructure (HP-UX server) form PA-RISC to Itanium technology in a smooth way starting with the installation of new AS on Itanium.

We are using a RFC destination to run external program on Unix. But now as we have to different OS for the Appication server (one on itanium and one on PA-RISC), we need to external program (one for PA-RISC and one for Itanium) for only 1 RFC destination.

I try to set-up the RFC link with the option 'start on application server' but it is not working for the Itanium AS because he is using the default gateway hosted on the PA-RISC system.

I don't know how to solve the issue. Maybe there is documentation to set-up RFC on an heterogeneous landscape.

Thanks for your support,

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont understand your question fully, but would a standalone gateway be a solution for you?:

help

For certain constellations, an SAP Gateway is used as a separately installed SAP instance or used outside an SAP System:

· Communication with an R/2 System (CUA interface to R/2)

· Starting external partner programs on remote systems which do not recognize any remote shells (Windows)

· Application-specific decoupling of communication (in certain cases)