cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading, Writing and manipulating SOAP headers in ccBPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Could you please explain how to work (reading, adding and editing) with SOAP headers in integration processes ccBPM?

I have a scenario in which I receive a SOAP request with one or more headers, then I have to evaluate the content of the header(s) and if the condition is true transform and call an external service. I also need to add one or more SOAP headers to outgoing messages.

Can someone tell me how to do that?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rob,

If I understand the requirement right, and correct me if I don't; you want to add a few fields manually to the SOAP header of the SOAP request message when you call a webservice from XI using the receiver SOAP adapter.

If yes, then you need to

1. Create Entire SOAP Envelope manually in the mapping of XI - SOAP header and SOAP Body.

2. In receiver SOAP adapter, you need to use Do Not Use SOAP Envelope.

Also, the response that comes back will be with the entire SOAP envelope and this needs to be manually accessed as well.

Also ~ in the request that comes in from a SOAP send to XI you can use Dynamic configuration to access SOAP header parameters!

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Solution given above is the way you can create and use SOAP headers for your requirement. Manual headers for soap request and response need to be handled manually.

This applies with and without BPM as well.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> HI

>

> Solution given above is the way you can create and use SOAP headers for your requirement. Manual headers for soap request and response need to be handled manually.

>

> This applies with and without BPM as well.

>

> Thanks

> Gaurav

Does that means that all external applications will have to use the same soap message type and message interface in order to support this functionality?

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas workable examples how to cope with an entire SOAP envelope in a ccBPM scenario?

Many thanks for your feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer to this thread is related to this other thread:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=21753330&messageID=6753325

Thanks

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

look point 3 overwrite soap header