cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core Interface:Configurable Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am transferring configurable materials from ECC to APO. I have transferred 300-Class & its respective charateristics.

After transferring the material master from ecc to apo the class-300 is attaching to product master in APO as well the planned orders is also generated during the Planning run.

As per SAP terminology we cannot planned configurable materials in SNP-APO.Please give ur valuable inputs so that we can restrict the generation of planner orders in SNP.

How we can create/transfer the Exact configurable material in APO ?

Regards

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

As per SAP-APO, KMAT / Configurable material is not recognised by SNP. SNP cannot plan for the Kmat materials.

In our case, the 300-class is attached with Product master and being a configurable materials SNP is still generating the planned orders which should not be allowed in SNP Planning run.

Note: One check box 'product is configurable' is not coming in the classification view of product master which normally comes for the configurable product after CIFED.

Please suuget some inputs

regards

guru

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

SNP cannot handle configuration. Means it will plan incorrectly. But if you run SNP heuristic on config product, it will generate planned orders. I will give example where SNP goes wrong.

You have a product "Syrup" having characteristic as "flavor".

You have a BOM for this which contain 2 items like "Pink bottle" and "Yellow bottle". You have written object dependancy that if "flavor" is Strawberry, pink bottle is selected and if "flavor" is mango, yellow bottle is selected.

When you run SNP heuristic on "Syrup", system will create planned order for Syrup. What it will do wrongly is that it will create dependent demand on both types of bottles because it cannot read the dependency you have written.

So to avoid planned order generation, you have to exclude the configurable product from SNP planning run.

Material is configurable tick does not get transferred to APO.

I have not yet understood your problem. Are you getting SNP planned orders inspite of excluding the material from SNP planning run?

Nitin Thatte

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Problem is not in transferring the planned orders to ECC. The problem is how to transfer the exact configurable material to APO, though already i transferred the 300-class.

regards

guru

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

After CIFing class, you can simply transfer configurable material.

What is exactly the problem you are facing?

Are you getting some errors?

Nitin

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Yeah, the setting is in CFM2 itself. When you activate integration model for planned orders you check this box. So the planned orders will get transferred as SNP planned orders. But by default this setting will be Transfer as PPDS planned orders. So your problem does not exist.

Bye,

Nitin Thatte

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Obviously we cannot plan configurable material in SNP. It means you cannot read configuration and dependencies while planning.

I do not understand your question .... prevent creation of SNP planned orders.

If you do not run SNP heuristic on these products, planned orders will not be created.

If you are saying R/3 planned orders should not get transferred as SNP planned orders, there is a setting somewhere which defines whether R/3 planned orders are to be transferred as SNP pl ord or PPDS pl ord.

I do not remember the setting.

Nitin Thatte