Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Auto logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Is their any way that SAP can Log on with out any id and password as soon as the windows boots up.

if their is a way please let me know.

thanks ,

kat

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

No even if its possible we wont tell

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it is not possible.

Regards,

Ajay

0 Kudos

> it is not possible.

Could you provide a source for this information you have provided, or were you logged on without your [mind-reading hat|http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24245365/] ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to the Security Forum...

Perhaps you want to look into a Single-Sign-On solution?

(and then disable the password)

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> Moved to the Security Forum...

>

> Perhaps you want to look into a Single-Sign-On solution?

> (and then disable the password)

>

> Cheers,

> Julius

There is no need to disable the password. Windows has a feature where you can enter the password for an account and it will logon that account after reboot.

Obviously, there are security risks when you do something like this, because anybody who has access to the system can access SAP without needing any passwords. I therefore assume that the thread owner is aware of these issues and has put physical measures in place to avoid any exposure.

0 Kudos

> There is no need to disable the password.

You don't have to, but typically it is desirable to do so as the password is typically no longer being used by it's owner...

That way even if the user is tempted to save their pwd in strange places in the computer or stuck to the monitor... it does not matter...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> > There is no need to disable the password.

> You don't have to, but typically it is desirable to do so as the password is typically no longer being used by it's owner...

>

> That way even if the user is tempted to save their pwd in strange places in the computer or stuck to the monitor... it does not matter...

>

> Cheers,

> Julius

Julius,

If you disable the password, then a user can logon using this account from another domain workstation. This might not be desirable. If however you set the account passwrod to something secret then you can make this account so that it is used only for this workstation/server which requires auto-login. The account would be a special user account that is just used for auto logon. you could even name the account auto-user1 (for example) so that it is clear that this is an auto logon user account and therefore not used by a real user.

Another scenario which some of our customers have used, involves running a Windows service, so that there is no actual logon to windows required. This can be done by changing the service logon user to use a specific domain account and password, and when the service starts, it will get credentials from the domain, which will allow it to authenticate to SAP using SAP RFC with SNC library enabled. This is more secure than the other method because there is no interactive logon required.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

I prefer the second scenario as well.

This question might actually be for a password self-service solution (to reset the ABAP password IF the person can authenticate themselves via other means => a company PC in the company network and sent to the company mail ID only).

Could be. Could be... lets wait for more details.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I have a single user id to log on .

i have touch screen here and it is very difficult to type the logon and password using windows on display keyboard.

so, i need a shortcut so that if i double click it it should directly lead to a transaction with out asking for a password.

thank you,

NOTE: Please provide straight answers. don't mess around .

0 Kudos

Kat,

If you are using SAP GUI, I beleive that you can store your password in the shortcut and then you can just click on the shortcut to logon to SAP. If you also want to logon to Windows without a password, this is also possible, as was discussed earlier in this thread, but has security implications. For example, if you left your pc unattended, anybody could logon and access your data.

If you are unable to store your passwrod in the SAP shortcut, then your company will have to implement an SNC-based Single SignOn solution. This will then be usable by all people in your company, not just people like yourself with touch screen workstation.

Thanks,

Tim

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, this is possible.

You need a Single SignOn product to be configured.

You would also need to configure windows to log on to a domain account when reboot has completed.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.