cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR - Search Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is regarding, the search functionality in ESR. i.e on the screen that comes when we press Control+F in ESR.

For the search requirements, i selected following values:

Object Type: All objects

Context: All Software Component Versions

Attributes -> Namespace: abc123*

When i run the search,

i am getting all the appropriate search results i.e. all objects that are having the text "abc123" in their namespace.

But the search results is also including the objects with the namespace = "Modeling" from the SWC "SAP BASIS 7.10"

I tried in a lot of ways, even if i search for a non exisiting objects, the Search results are showing the objects the from the SWC "SAP BASIS 7.10" having namespace as "Modeling"

Is this some thing wrong in my PI 7.1 configuration/installation.

Pls let me know if there is any way to restrict the search results to exactly what we specify in the search criteria.

thanks,

Ganesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be that is the way SAP has developed the search criteria..!! Dont think you have to worry much about it unless you are going to use the result for something else other than search..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, thats not really a big issue,

actually i needed this to create an excel report of the interfces in a particular namespace.

i can use the copy to clipboard button on the ESR-search screen and paste and filter in excel file.

Ganesh