cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do we use Handling Unit management in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know about the handling unit management.

What is the use of using/implementing handling unit management in SAP.

What is the need and what are the benefits.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member653171
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Handling unit management: Each Article EAN/UPS no , Bar codes, this bar code we scan the goods with scanner at WareHouse, In this way we can easy track the good whether the article box and articles are proper

We can use Handling Unit Management to reflect packing-based logistics structures rather than tracking each material individually.

Reds

sudha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go through the below link to get some basic idea:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/1f/7f6d36f74c7505e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Hrishi

jyatsojx_8
Explorer
0 Kudos

I would also like to know what the benefits of using HU's are? Seems the effort does not deliver the value? The SAP help documentation does not help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you know the traceability of product? Handling Unit Management is used to trace the production process and delivery process in SAP system. If without WM in your SAP system, you can use HU to control FIFO as well. That's it!

Good day

Z.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you tell me in more detailed way on what is this tracablility of the material.

As far as i know the FIFO is used in batch management. How is FIFO done through the HU?

And where does FIFO come in place in WM?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

If you go to courier services they will give slip on which code is written.

When you give this code to your courier guy after some time he will give you the detail information that where your courier has reached.

In the same way we use handling unit over there.

It has a tracking number on it, so will get to know where your material is reach by giving tracking number.

This is generally used in warehouse management.

Hope so now you have some clear idea about HU.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

I am still aprehensive about the usage of handling unit mangament. I am reading it and it seems that we generally use a handling unit mangement with WM & without WM as well.

Is there any document from where we can understand about it?

Does the end user/customer know about this handling unit is it mentioned in his invoice or EDI?

Will the customer track shipments based on the handling units or is it only for internal purposes.......

What i really dont understand is that relation between the packing instructions and handling units....

how and what level do they differ from each other......

thanks

praveen