cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC model reimport issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to reimport adaptive RFC model after doing some changes in BAPI, some datatypes and model relations got deleted after the step delta caluculation.

Part of Model Import Status log

===================

[Info]: Deltas, if any:

[Info]: [ Deleted ] : [ SimpleType ] : [ Dzterm ]

[Info]: [ Deleted ] : [ SimpleType ] : [ Waers_Cm ]

[Info]: [ Deleted ] : [ SimpleType ] : [ Arktx ]

[Info]: [ Deleted ] : [ ModelRelation ] : [ Yerp_Credblkdoc_Rfc_Input:It_Rg_Cmn ]

[Info]: [ Deleted ] : [ ModelRelation ] : [ Yerpsls_Credblkdoc_Rfc_Input:It_Rg_Gbs ]

[Info]: [ Deleted ] : [ ModelRelation ] : [ Yerp_Customer_Credit_Disp_Output:Et_Msgs ]

[Info]: [ Deleted ] : [ ModelRelation ] : [ Yerpsls_Credblkdoc_Rfc_Output:Et_Msgs ]

What could be the solution for this issue?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this out

Thanks

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still I am getting the same problem when reimporting model via my NWDS. But when using different DTR ,R3 login and NWDS the problem didnt persist. May be some backend(R3) or SLD authorization missing for my account. I dont know exactly what could be the root cause for this issue.

Do anyone know, is there any set of mandatory autorizations needed for webdynpro developer in R3 or SLD, or any other root cause for this issue?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adaptive RFC handles, lable changes, field length changes, but not new fields.

You can always re-import the model from back-end. Then you can create the new model context , and create new mappings between the controller contexts.

If some more fields need to be added to the existing structures, add the fields at the end and not in between the structure.

Also if there is no change in the existing field names and data types of the existing fields, then just re-import the model and restart the J2EE engine, just before you need to deploy the new application....

This wont break the already existing mappings and references

Hope this helps u..

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please read the following docs....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10465350-b4f5-2910-61ba-a58282b3...

if it is not working please restart the server.

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this link

Regards

Padma N