Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store document into Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All;

l have the following requirement for Content Server;

- Generate the PR/PO form via print program.

-Approver's signature will be display accordingly by the approval level. EG: 1st level approver 'A' have been approved. Signature of approver 'A' will be display on the generated PR/PO form. - Convert the generated form into PDF format. -To attach the supporting document via Generic Object Services (GOS). -To store the PDF form & attached documents into Archived Link content server with URL address returned.

-An notification mail will send to respective approver based on release strategy configuration.

Basically it is Workflow integrate with Content Server. There are few thing for me to do here:

1. Store the PO/PR document into Content Server

2. Run the workflow and view the attachement and add new attachement to Content Server from the Workflow process.

3. Return the URL address to the user for the document that saved into Content Server

l'm trying to do the first requirement now.

The user will create the PR in tcode ME52N and PO in tcode ME22N, they can create the attachement and view the attachement, and the attachement are stored in the ECC6 database.

l have installed the Content Server 6.40 with Filesystem (not the MaxDB) cause user do not want to buy the MaxDB license.

The Content server 6.4 installation is completed, l can configure the CSDMIN in ECC6,

In OAC0, l have created the Content Repository=ZA,

Document Area = ARCHIVELINK

Storage type = 04 HTTP Content server

Version=0046

Http Server = 10.120.0.10

Port Number = 1090

HTTP Script= ContentServer/ContentServer.dll

Transfer drctry =
10.100.0.10\cm\exdir /# \cm\exdir is a directory in Content Server. #/

the physical directory created in the Content Server as
10.120.0.10\cm\za

In OAC2, l have created a new Document type=ZCS, the document class=PDF

In OAC3, l have created the following:

Object Type= BUS2012, Document Type= ZCS, Link=X, Cont.Rep.ID=ZA, Link=TOA01, Rentention=99

Object Type= BUS2105, Document Type= ZCS, Link=X, Cont.Rep.ID=ZA, Link=TOA01, Rentention=99

(Honestly, l'm not quite sure the BUS2012 will work, it created by functional team, which l'm sure it actually represent the business object for PO and PR)

With these, l think the linkage between business object and logical archive is established, but when l saved the attachement in ME22N and ME52N, the document still save into ECC6 Database, not the Content Server, because in the /cm/za directory in the Content server still empty.

Anyone please advise any documentation/steps do store the document in Content Server from PO/PR and with returned URL to the users.

Please help..

Many thanks

Jordan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Jordan,

I verify yesterday, and your Bussines Object for the transaction are correct, but not have the Archivelink Interface. You have to register the objects for create the IFARCH21 Interface in booth objects.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all;

Thanks for the information, l manage to store document actually.

l used the OAAD to test to stored, once it is working, then l can use the option 'Store business document" ME23N and ME52N transaction code.

One question here l would like to check:

The WorkFlow team said that the Generic Object Service (GOS) - "Create Attachement" option in ME23N can actually store the document to Content Server instead of store into R3 Database. He claimed some Basis have done it before, can anyone clarify if it is true?

In OAC0, l have ZB Content Repository, set the "Storage Type = 04 HTTP Content Server" in order to save the document to Content Server. The Document Area=Archive Link.

With these setting l can only use the "Store Business Document" option to store the document to Content Server, not the "Create Attachement".

l try to change the Document Area with different option like DMS, BDS etc but l can't get the Content Rep ID for ZB in OAC3 to link the Object Type?

Anyone can help?

Many thanks.

Jordan Tan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

For save the document on Content Server you must use the GOS buttom option:

Create -> Strore Bussines Document

This option is only abalible if the Bussines Object have the Archivelink Interface (IFARCH21) and you have create the entry on OAC3 transaction.

If the option is not abalible with your customazing, the Business Object selected is wrong.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jordan,

Let me admit that I have not worked in such a scenario. But I have few leads as to what you could further investigate which would ultimately help implement the functionality.

If you are using Archivelink method you should do couple more, Please follow the link below and configure according to your scenario to see if it works

http://fuller.mit.edu/workflow/archive_link_store_docs.pdf

The link mentioned has not been tested by me, so please make sure that you go through the steps and try to see if it works.

The other option is to see if you can store the document via DMS by maintaining object links. A presentation could be found at www.verbellacmg.com/ulm211_v2.ppt

Sojan