cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about roadmap in WebDynpro FPM application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I know that there are two ways to define roadmaps for WD FPM application, one is define in the Configuration Component, another one is define in FPM application editor.

Currently, I have defined roadmap in both CC component and FPM application editor, but my application always use roadmap defined in the FPM application editor, how to make my application use roadmaps defined in CC component.

Another question is does roadmaps defined in FPM application editor support different languages?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if you are using ERP 2005 and you wish your application to point to the configuration of that you created inside the DC you need to change the two properties that I mentioned. sap.xss.BaseConfigurationID is set when to point to the Cc created in the editor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aishwarya Sharma,

I know that FPMView can point to CC component, you mean after I create a FPMView point to CC and then create a perspective point to this FPMView?

Frankly, how to create a FPM Application and point it to CC component, thanks!

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use only one CC, either Generic CC or Custom CC developed in webdynpro. If you are using custom CC then you need to implement all the methods of CC like LoadConfiguration, getStartPerspective, getNextPerspective(),ROPState() etc.

Your LoadConfiguration() method should be like this

Load Configuration(method)

a) instantiate your VACu2019s

vacFoo = new VAC("sap.com/xss~mydc",

"com.sap.xss.mydc.vacs.VcFoo");

b) Build Perspectives with VACu2019s

BPerspective = new Perspective( "BRIEF",

Perspective.LAYOUT_ROW,

new VAC[] );

c) Define Navigation Graphs

aPath =new NavigationPath("BRIEF", "IFPM.EVENT_SELECT", "LONG" )

d) Define ROP Steps

ROPStep ropStep1 = new ROPStep(overviewPerspective.getName(),"OverviewROP", new ROPStep[]);

ropSteps = new ROPStep[] { ropStep1,ropStep2,ropStep3,ropStep4 };

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya,

I used FPM Editor to create FPM view point to VAC not CC, can we create FPM application/view point to CC?

I have pointed sap.xss.configurationComponentName to my CC name now, and got a exception, do you know the reason?

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException 

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.roadmap.view.RoadmapView.wdDoModifyView(RoadmapView.java:204)
    at com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.roadmap.view.wdp.InternalRoadmapView.wdDoModifyView(InternalRoadmapView.java:298)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.doModifyView(DelegatingView.java:78)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.View.modifyView(View.java:337)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.doModifyView(ClientComponent.java:481)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u cannot give the CC name anywhere while creating the FPM view

u jus create th FPM view, give the VAC name and the DC name.

u create an application, copy the technical name of this application as defined in the portal

like 'portal_content/com.sap.pct/com.sap.xss/com.sap.xss.examples/com.sap.xss.examples.ropex'

and give this path as the value for the 'sap.xss.BaseConfiguration'

property of your appliation

rest of the properties are common

the CC always points to the Generic CC :CcXssPcd.

name:com.sap.tc.webdynpro.protal.oal.iViewListProviderDCName

value:sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils

name:com.sap.tc.webdynpro.protal.oal.iViewListProviderImpl

value:com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.java.XssIViewListProviderImpl

name:sap.authentication

value:true

name:sap.xss.BaseConfigurationID

value:portal_content/com.sap.pct/cc

name:sap.xss.configurationComponentDC

value:sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils

name:sap.xss.configurationComponentName

value:com.sap.pcuigp.xssutils.ccpcd.CcXssPcd

Five of these six entries (in italics) are the same for every Self-Service Application in ERP 2005. These entries merely provide generic information for the running Self-Service Application and the Enterprise Portal environment.

The entry sap.xss.BaseConfiguration is used to define the path to the application configuration in the Portal Content Directory (PCD). This entry points to the technical name of the FPM Application as defined in the Enterprise Portal. A typical entry defining an application with ID u2018ropexu2019 and path suffix u2018com.sap.xss.examplesu2019 would be as shown in the

sap.xss.BaseConfiguration

portal_content/com.sap.pct/com.sap.xss/com.sap.xss.examples/com.sap.xss.examples.ropex

In portal content browsers, the complete ID of an object is displayed in a small detail view below the actual browser window.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya,

Thanks for your reply, it will use roadmap defined in FPM editor if I follow your steps,right?

1. But if created my own CC component and defined roadmaps in it, I should point sap.xss.configurationComponentName to my own CC not generic CC, right?

2. If I point sap.xss.configurationComponentName to my own CC, do I need to point sap.xss.BaseConfigurationID to PCD object?

3. If I define roadmap in CC component, it can support different languages, but how to support different languages if define roadmap in FPMApplication?

Thanks very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I removed property BaseConfigurationID, it works now, thanks all for your help.

I found there is no tutorial to study FPM, there is only a help document, if there is a tutorial to introduce how to study FPM step by step, that would be better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya,

Is that mean if we want to use roadmap defined in our own CC,thus we can not point sap.xss.BaseConfiguration to PCD object and we have to point sap.xss.configurationComponentName to our own CC and remove property BaseConfiguration ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes

if u want to display configuration u have defined

u dont need to give the base configuration property

Regards,

Satya.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are creating your configuration through editor i.e generic Cc then you don't need to point to your DC name. Only if you are creating Cc through coding then you need to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aishwarya Sharma ,

Exception happens now: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.gci.IGCIComponentDelegate

Frustrating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can any one please help me how to create the raod map in FPm and CC.

I am new to wd-java, i have use the ESS packages to develope the some customization screens.Please help me in the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any FPM application refers to application properties to check which configuration has to be referred. So, to make your application refer to Configuration component of your application you will have to provide the name of the DC that you have created and the name of the component which acts as the configuration component of your DC. For futhur clarification on the properties you can refer to following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/b4/139525380149a49c8402e22700e4ba/frameset.htm

check topic "Converting the Application into a Self-Service Application"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aishwarya Sharma,

But I am using ERP 2005 now, the document says we just need to set the value of BaseConfigurationID, so I have pointed sap.xss.BaseConfigurationID

to my PCD object.

But according to you reply, Is that mean even I am using ERP 2005, if I want to use roadmap defined in CC component, I also need to change the value of sap.xss.configurationComponentDC

and sap.xss.configurationComponentName to my CC name?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u r right, from erp2005 u can have a generic CC

Since u said u want to have the roadmap defined in CC to be displayed

u were asked to change the property

if using a generic CC is the case u dont need to change the property

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check the properties of your application

may be the property sap.xss.configurationComponentName of your aplication

is pointing to the CcXssPcd ..make it point to the CC name you have created

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya,

DO I need to point configurationComponentName to my CC name, if I am using ERP 2005, the help document says settings for configurationComponentName is the same for all FPM apps(From help: Five of these six entries (in italics) are the same for every Self-Service Application in ERP 2005. These entries merely provide generic information for the running Self-Service Application and the Enterprise Portal environment.).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

no u dont need to point it to ur CC name

jus point it to generic CC

Regards,

Satya