cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 + MAXDB install error

Former Member
0 Kudos

linux system maxdb Zhuang Wan, or first instance of the creation of a database and then start after SAP installed in the database is set to the SID and to the creation of the database as an example or so.

For example, I install maxdb after the creation of a database called examples KT1 then I started to install ECC6 database SID is set to KT2 I can do it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I'm not sure what exactly your question is.

Do you want to know if you can change the SID of a MaxDB after the database has been created?

Yes, that's technically possible.

Anyhow, the easiest way would be, to leave the SID as it is and just point the NetWeaver instance to use the database anyhow (change XUSER data).

If you really want to have the SID changed, then the second easiest way is: take a backup of your database, create a new instance with the SID you like and recover the database into that instance.

Afterwards drop the original instance (if you don't need it anymore).

Of course you may also fiddle around with technical settings and registration information to actually rename the existing instance, but this procedure is rather error prone, so just stick to the two I mentioned above.

(If this is what you wanted to know).

regards,

Lars

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

you can give your DB Instance the name "ABC" and your SAP the SID "CBA", this is no problem. Just enter the values you want during installation.

Please please take into account, that such things are very confusing in case of error finding ...

Thanks,

Hannes