cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More address lines in Customer master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Street address:

street/house number ..........................................

postal code/city ..........................................

above are default address lines in customer master for address feeding. but i want to add one more line for address feeding because address having more characters. this option is existing in sap by clicking MORE FIELD icon but i dont need all that new fields, i need to add only one address line that should be default i.e. str_suppl3. how it can be possible ? kindly suggest.

thanks/regards in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manjit

Go to OB20, block "Create Customer (Sales)" if you are accessing VD01 or "Create Customer (Centrally)" if you are accessing XD01 and click on blue lens on top. Double click on "General data" and again double click on "Address". Change the selection option according to your choice and save.

Now go to customer master and see how it works.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

thanks for reply, according to your reply i changed street3 field to required field but it has no effect on transaction. all fields have OptEntry button.basically i want default appearance of xd01/2/3 screen with street3(one more line for address feeding), not by clicking drop down list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjit,

This is very much possible.For this we have make some changes in customizing(IMG).

Pls follow the the path for those changes.

IMG>Logistics General>Business Parner>Customers>Control-->Define account groups and Field selections for customers.

In this if you want to create a new account group you can else select your account group and goto details.Select the general data and double click on that.In that you will find the group "Address".Double click on that you will 3 pages of address details.For each field if you want optional entry or if you want mandatory also you can maintain by selecting them.

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply Mohan

my query is little different. presently according to your path, there are only two Req.Entry fields i.e. name1 and Postal code/city. but requirement is that by default there should be one more address line i.e. str_suppl3 but it should not mandatory. without clicking MORE FIELD button it should appear when user starts transaction.can it be ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> thanks for reply Mohan

> my query is little different. presently according to your path, there are only two Req.Entry fields i.e. name1 and Postal code/city. but requirement is that by default there should be one more address line i.e. str_suppl3 but it should not mandatory. without clicking MORE FIELD button it should appear when user starts transaction.can it be ?

Hi Manjit,

That's what I mean Pls select the account group and go to change mode to select the fields.Even you can change change the req. entry fields to optional also by selecting that option.Make sure all are exclusively conjuctive.Like that there are many fields.Select the necessary fields and save.If you try to create customer through XD01 T.Code all your marked marked fields will appear in the screen as per your requirement.

Pls try this.

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mohan

Actually i was using customer and customer(general) group, but this problem solved by using sold-to-party group. my requirement completed. thanks again.