cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text on Processing circle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some functionality which take a while to get complete. So during that processing it is difficult for

user to understand that whether it is hanged or still processing.

I have seen some WD applications where the processing circle contains the text like Wait...

So i want to display some text on the Processing Circle like Please wait....

how can we show the text on processing circle until the completion of processing?

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also thought of this option but I dont have place for ProgressIndicator on UI.

The kind of functionality/UI i have, Placing text like Please wait..on processing circle is the best place to show the progress.

Is there any way we can acheive this?

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul ,

With WebAS 7.0 SP14 and higher version a text 'Wait' automatically appears on the screen but i dont think we have control over this text . It seems that it comes from the framework.

Hope this will help .

Regards

Vivek

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Rahul ,

> With WebAS 7.0 SP14 and higher version a text 'Wait' automatically appears on the screen but i dont think we have control over this text . It seems that it comes from the framework.

> Hope this will help .

> Regards

> Vivek

That's correct. There is no customization allowed of the framework controlled "waiting" display. As of 7.01 (lightspeed rendering), there is only the two spinning icons and not any text.

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can try implementing the ProgressIndicator ui element in your application. It would display a progress bar similar to the one that you get while you try connect to SAP. You can define a custom text to be displayed in the progress bar & also change the bar color displayed.

The ProgressIndicator UI element can be defined as a sub element of any container element.

The color of the bar can be adjusted by setting the property barColor accordingly.The width of the ProgressIndicator UI element is defined by the value of the property width (in pixels or percent). The property percentValue defines the width of the color bar relative to the width of the surrounding box.

By default, the value of the property percentValue is displayed in the color bar.To display a different text in the

bar, the property displayValue has to be evaluated. To suppress the output of any text in the bar, the property showValue can be set to ABAP_FALSE.

You can find an example of this UI element in the system in the Web Dynpro application, WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS. For more help about this element try refer to [SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/81/e8884118aa1709e10000000a155106/content.htm].

Regards,

Uday