cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role - Resource - Task Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have a requirement where a cProjects task may spread along for, say, 6 months. Resource needs to work on this task for only 2 days per month, every month (say) (Work - 12 days).

When the role is staffed for 6 months, this resource will not be available for the other projects. And therefore, we want the resource assignment to the task to drive his availability.

Is there a way out? Or do we have to staff the role 6 times (with the right dates)? The second option works, I know, but is not an elegant way to do it.

Thoughts/opinions.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible to assign same resource to different roles in same time phase.

What you do id, staff the role with resource, but make his staffing for 2 days using distribution.

If this is not what you are lookin for, plz let me know your question in details, im unable to un'stand.

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Niranjan for your attempt.

The business isn't quite liking the idea of doing so much when a resource is supposed to be working on the task 2days/month. For every time that the resource is to work, the cProjects user would have to staff to the role (or create a role, as you suggested). Everytime, the dates have to be mnaully entered for staffing, Project Role, Resource to task assignment and so on.

They want this to be done at one place and would like this data to reflect elsewhere. For e.g. when the resource is assigned to the task, this data should drive availability of the resource - is what they want.

Let me know if I am missing on any of the obvious functionalities of cProjects resource management that I may try to resolve this issue.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

There is a way to manage availability for BP.

RPM_EMPDATA is Tcode you can try.

You may need some development for displaying remaining hours after staffing.

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps