cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate resources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to create a PPM with alternate modes. I can do it in APO. But not sure how to make setups in R3 PP-PI. Main proble,I feel, I am not sure how to set up alternate resources in a Recipe.

Thanks in advance

Vard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

maheshbabu_mg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vard,

Simple steps,

Create a characteristics eg.color_char (Values : red)

Create a class with type 19 (Workcentre class type) eg. color_class, assign Color_char here.

Create 3 resources, classify them with class color_class assign the value 'Red' for all 3 of them.

Create a recipe, classify the operation (double click on the classification indicator) with the class color_class enter the valus 'Red' here too...! create required phases..!

Now CIF this PPM , you will see all the 3 resources as alternatives in APO for the phases..!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mahesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can maintain Alternate Sequences in the R3 routing data mentioning the different Work Centres you want to use. When you CIF this Prod Version - in APO PPM you will see multiple modes.

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Also take care to properly maintain activity relationships. Without proper activity relationship, PPM will not get transferred.

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In R/3 Recipe, you can maintain the alternate resources in the classification view, you may have to create a class (you may give resource and plant as characteristics).

You will be able to define alternate resources like this in recipe and these will also be transferred as modes in PPM.

Regards,