Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Settings - document.write() doesnt work with Integrated ITS -

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have migrated our old HTML templates from Standalone to Integrated ITS. We have a template with an input date field. On placing the cursor in the field it gives up a popup displaying the calender from which the user can select a particular date.

Display of calender is acheived through Java Script. (The SAP Screen behind this template doesnt have the date field, so we cannot use the F4 help of SAP screen).

The Java Script creates the popup and then displays the calender using the statement

popUpWindow.document.write(htmlBuffer). .

popUpWindow -> popup window object

htmlBuffer -> variable holding the HTML code for displaying the calender.

But on testing, I found that a BLANK popup window is displayed and the calender is not displayed. I see a "Error on Page" text in the left bottom corner of the browser. On clicking the "Error on Page" it shows "Acess Denied at line 345". Line 345 corresponds to popUpWindow.document.write(htmlBuffer).

The statement and template are working fine in Standalone ITS. It is nicely displaying the calender on placing the cursor in the input field.

I saved the source code of the web page (Right click on the page and select "View Source Code") and executed it from the desktop and suprisingly everything works fine. I dont have any problems with the calender.

Same source code works fine through Standalone ITS and from Desktop. Only if the template is opened through Integrated ITS I have the problem. Am I missing some settings for Integrated ITS? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Regards,

Ravikanth

Edited by: Ravikanth Tunuguntla on Dec 2, 2008 9:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks this OSS (314568). With SAP GUI for HTML, there are several restrictions about office integration and document edition.

Hope this helps,

Iván.

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I could resolve the issue myself. Well a sort of complicated scenario but the solution is simple.

- Instead of opening a pop up window, open a new blank html page

- use document.write(window.opener.htmlBuffer) (htmlBuffer - variable holding the HTML for displaying the calender)

The below link sums up the actual Access problem.

http://www.sxlist.com/techref/language/java/script/xwinaccess.htm

Thanks,

Ravikanth

Edited by: Ravikanth Tunuguntla on Jan 18, 2009 6:02 PM