Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with PI 7.1 webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently upgraded my sender SOAP (PI web services) from 7.0 to 7.1

Previous 7.0 url changed to below as per SAP note..

http://host:port /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=FP& senderService=FS & interface=IF&receiverParty=TP&receiverService=TS&interfaceNamespace=IFNamespace

Based on above url, no need to create one communication channel for each innterface.

When i try to use the same coomunication channel in my scenarios, all the scenarios are using the first interface...

is it mean do i need to create several interfaces for each scenario..infact it is duplication..

why based on above url PI7.1 is not able identify correct communication channel.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. In 7.1; you can define the WSDL by just going to your Sender agreement and selecting display WSDL.

I don't understand the other part of your question though ~ what would you mean when you say , in PI 7.0 you can call multiple interfaces using the same Sender SOAP adapter but in 7.1 you cannot?

In PI 7.0 ; as you have the interface name and namespace in the conmm channel I dont see how PI 7.0 was more generic and one comm channel could do all your work while in PI 7.1 it does not?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Business System, not business service.

For PI7.0, we can specify default interface name and namespace for SOAP sender communication channel. And specify this coomunication channel name in the XI Web service.

But in PI 7.1, we can't specify interface name in the communication channel. And coomunication channel is not used in URL. Based on PI Web service URL, it will identify communication channel.

So, when i used the SOAP communication channel for all the scenarios, PI could not able to resolve it when i call from my application. My scenario is SOAP-RFC.

The URL is always calling the same interface for all the scenarios.

Do i need to duplicate SOAP sender communication channel, and use one for ONLY one scenario.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

IS the interface namespace also same for message interfaces?

If not then as the URL http://host:port /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=& senderService=FS& interface=IF&receiverParty=&receiverService=TS&interfaceNamespace=IFNamespace

you can change the IFNamespace to access different interfaces.

You can also use Encoded header and use query string to have dynamic values.

Check with Stefen he is having more expertise on this

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same namespace for all the interfaces. infact i am using SAP provided interfaces for my integration.

My all the requests are going to the first interface always... not to the right one as expected.

I checked in Jar iport file the URL looks fine..(the long url as PI 7.1 specififcation)

Thanks,

Srini

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry but I still fail to understand this.

In PI 7.0 if you have the same default interface name namespace, your message will go to the same interface as well right,

Can you give a actual example?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

Based on above url, no need to create one communication channel for each innterface.

Either 7.0 or 7.1 it doest matter. same Channel can be used for many services.

You need to have interfaces separately for separate service. That you need to add to the Business service as sender or receiver if used. In case of business system this works fine.

When i try to use the same coomunication channel in my scenarios, all the scenarios are using the first interface...

I think you are using Business service and have not added interfaces to it.

If you give more details it helps understanding more

Thanks

Gaurav