Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importance of language in include command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

wat is the importance of language in INCLUDE command? in sapscript

i mean wat happens if we ignore/omit language in INCLUDE command?

for example i have 3 item texts

z003 - FR

z007 - IT

z008 - BE

these languages may be changed by the user to any language as per his choice,,,,so we cannot pass hard-code values for lanague in INCLUDE statement..

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't specify the LANGUAGE the SAPScript will default to the language of the SAPScript. So an INCLUDE for Z003 will return nothing if you don't specify LANGUAGE 'FR' and are printing a EN form.

You can always opt to have an INCLUDE for each possible Language (with a paragraph that doesn't print blank lines) or search for the Text in your print program and pass the language as a variable.

Note, if you're not a Unicode system the LANGUAGE also influences the character set used (oh how I hated MDMP). For instance you could only print Chinese characters if you use ZH for the language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

here you need not have to maintain the same text Z003, z007 and Z008 for three different languages. Instead create single text Z003 and maintain different languages for the same text. And while calling usign Include , call Z003 and pass the langauge dynamically, so to get the respective langauage..Hope you got me

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Adding to the points mentioned by our frnds above, if you really want the form output to be displayed in different languages, its SE63 T-code which helps in translation.

You can create the standard texts in SO10 with teh same name but in different languages. In translation, in the appropriate version you can call the text in the desired language.

IT works as you require. Try it out and get back for any other issues.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...what if i want a sentence to be printed in 2 languages at the same time one below the other

Former Member
0 Kudos

dont pass hard-code values for lanague , you can use NAST-SPRAS this will take based in the output type language. if user wants see the output in english, he will assign EN in output type....