cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform-unable to edit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im unable to edit a smartform if i login German.

In english, i can edit. pls let me know how to edit even in German.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the smartform saved in a local object or in a Package?? If it is saved in $tmp, then assign a package to the smartform. You can do this in smartforms tcode, enter the smartform name and in Menu, Goto--> Object Directory Entry. Here change the package and assign a transport request.

Now, try to do the translation.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vishwa, its working and my issue is also resolved.

Thanks one and all.

Im closing this thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you have logged on with English, in the "Form Attributes", you have Radio Button under "Translate", which is "into all languages"..check that and also uncheck "restricted Language control".

Do this and revert back with the result.

VIshwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishwa,

I checked the form attributes.

All the settings were already there as u mentioned and "restricted Language control" is already unchecked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. In that case, try to Translate the smartform. You can translate the smartform even if you have text elements. Steps to take up the translation:

1. goto Transaction SE63

2. in R3 Enterprise select form menu

Translation - ABAP Objects - Other long texts

3. select FS - SSF-Smart Form

4. Object Name: choose your smart form

5. select target language

6. press edit

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishwa,

Ive given the smartform name but it says object not found. i checked with other smartform names as well.. but it says "object not found"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you giving the source(source language means original lang of the smartform which you can see in the Form Attributes) and target language correctly??

Also, when you press F4 are you able to see the smartform you want to translate in the list??

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, the source and target are correct.

i also swapped them and checked but getting same "object not found".

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got the smartform by pressing F4 and then it says, 'Object not found'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a field "Translation Area" right?? Just check If there are more than one values by clicking f4. If there are select a different one than the one u have been using now.

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in Translation area i used F4, ther is only one value which is already selected.