cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESCALATION PROCEDURE FOR SC APPROVAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are running on SRM 4.0(classic scenario).I have a query regarding the escalation procedure for SC approval.

Can we set an escalation procedure wherein if the manager does not process the Witem after a certain time,in addition to the manager being informed thorugh notification,the Witem can be autoforwarded to some other agent after the deadline is crossed?

regards,

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Disha,

SAP Business Workflow has deadline monitoring function.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c5/e4b97e453d11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c5/e4b97e453d11d189430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm</a>

- send email notification

- model deadline. For example, if deadline is missed go to next level

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

I don't think out of box workflows have the escalation functionality. Best thing would be modifying the offline approval programs to notify the manager in case approver does not act.

Based on the documentation, it seems there is an Alert workflow which does the same thing. But its available only from SRM release 5.0.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Alert framework is fully used with SRM 5.0, but it is already available with SRM 4.0 (because part of WAS 6.40).

So you can use it to build your own alerts.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

I mean the SRM monitoring workflow WS14500051, which is available only from SRM 5.0.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I am working on LIA in SRM 5.0 where in i need to escalate the workitem if the approver doesnt process the work item in 5 days.Can you please let me know how can escalationg be handled in n step LIA worklfow.Can we use workflow WS14500051.Reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Yogesh