cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning book Row attributes performance using GUI 640

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have a peculiar performance issue. As a support consultant I sometimes work from home and office also.

When I use remote login to our company website they have provided us with GUI 640 and I log on into system using this GUI.

and when I work from office I since I get connected through network cable , I use my previous GUI Version 710.

Using GUI 640 through Remote access into our company network, when I logged on APO and Planning book, I went to Design screen , to chenge the Row attribute. When I changed Row attrbute for one of the rows to Outou/input , all the other rows are also changing .

However when I came back to office and tried the same using GUI 710 , I am able to chenge one row at a time.

Can someone advice if GUI Version has any impact on perfomance??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

Yes, GUI has impact on performance in SDP 94 Transaction.Please ask your admin to update it with the latest one.

Previously i had a problem in the upload and Download of Planning book data to the Excel from SDP94 , this problem was resolved when i installed GUI 710 patch 4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all , I had advised my Manager if anyone still susing GUI 640 to upgrade all to GUI 710.

That was useful information.

Siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

Since SDP94 use so called OCX Grid Technique, SAP GUI version (especially SCM Add-on component) has impact its behavior and also performance.

Recentlly, I updated SAP GUI (Also OCX) patch level to 71.0 11. After this update, I experienced performance improvement on SDP94 drill down operation. (Before GUI time took around 300 sec. But now GUI tome become 64 sec).

If you can access to the SAP Note, you can see some interesting document about SAP GUI APO for 64.0 in Note 889989 (This note describe some of the fix related to SDP94 related to OCX).

Best Regards

Keiji