cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing of domain data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have NWDI SP15 installed and it was working fine until now. we were transporting EP and XI stuff with NWDI. then we had to change the password of CMSadm user defined in the domain as security team wanted it.

so i changed the CMSadm password in

1. UME of NWDI instance

2. UME of SLD instance.

3. specified the new password in DOMAIN tab

4. saved the domain

5. clicked on "update CMS"..No errors

6. I went to my track and clicked on " restore system state" and selected the three base SCA files and click on import one by one.

it gave me the following exception:

-

caused by:User not authorized. (Service call exception; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized.)

com.sap.tc.cbs.client.error.CommunicationException: User not authorized. (Service call exception; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized.)

at com.sap.tc.cbs.client.impl.BuildSpace.getInputMode(BuildSpace.java:215)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.client.CBSCommunicator.getInputMode(CBSCommunicator.java:257)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.CbsMakeTask.processMake(CbsMakeTask.java:85)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.CbsMakeTask.process(CbsMakeTask.java:347)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.process.ProcessStep.processStep(ProcessStep.java:77)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.process.ProcessStarter.process(ProcessStarter.java:179)

at com.sap.cms.tcs.core.TCSManager.importPropagationRequests(TCSManager.java:376)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.importazione.ImportManager.importazione(ImportManager.java:216)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.importazione.ImportQueueHandler.execImport(ImportQueueHandler.java:585)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.importazione.ImportQueueHandler.startImport(ImportQueueHandler.java:101)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.proxy.CmsTransportProxyBean.startImport(CmsTransportProxyBean.java:583)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.proxy.CmsTransportProxyBean.startImport(CmsTransportProxyBean.java:559)

at com.sap.cms.pcs.transport.proxy.LocalCmsTransportProxyLocalObjectImpl20.startImport(LocalCmsTransportProxyLocalObjectImpl20.java:776)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.Custom1.importQueue(Custom1.java:1170)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.wdp.InternalCustom1.importQueue(InternalCustom1.java:2162)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.Worklist.onActionImportQueue(Worklist.java:880)

at com.sap.cms.ui.wl.wdp.InternalWorklist.wdInvokeEventHandler(InternalWorklist.java:2338)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.invokeEventHandler(DelegatingView.java:87)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Action.fire(Action.java:67)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.handleAction(WebDynproMainTask.java:101)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.handleActionEvent(WebDynproMainTask.java:304)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.WebDynproMainTask.execute(WebDynproMainTask.java:649)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:59)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientManager.doProcessing(ClientManager.java:248)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doWebDynproProcessing(DispatcherServlet.java:154)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doContent(DispatcherServlet.java:116)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.defaultimpl.DispatcherServlet.doPost(DispatcherServlet.java:55)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

-

any sugestions and a couple of queries too::

1. cmsadm is a service type user? is it correct?

2. If 1 is YES, then we need not change the initial password of that. am i right?

3. i dont know how come the user authorization error is occuring now, becuase as i said, i was using this user account until now, we just changed only the password, so i think it is authentication problem rather than authorization problem.

please help me in this regard.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Can you try logging in to CBS webui using the CMSadm user and tell us the result, Also please try logging into DTR webui.

Lets see if we can find what the reason is.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

sidharth,

the user keeps on getting locked in the UME, which means that the password is hardcoded somewhere else...becuase when i reverted the password in UME and also in domain data, it worked..

but i heard from this thread

that some SAP note need to be applied.. but i tried searching in notes and couldnt find...

any help is highly appreciated as we are stuck at this moment...becuase security team is insisting to change the password of user "CMSadm".

Thank you

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

While testing with changed passwd are you trying to transport XI content or Java content. Why i ask this is because if you are transporting XI Content then you also need to change the passwd of CMSadm in target systems.

For XI transports the user CMSadm should have the same passwd in all the systems.

Also did you also change the passwd's of XIDIRUSER and XIREPUSER. These should also be same in all the systems.

Please do check these settings and let me know.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Thank you for the reply..

i changed the password in all the XI systems across the landscape..

however, as a first step, I am testing the transport of EP data. and i get the problem// i even didnt try with XI stuff aftr i changed the password..

what might be the reason?? any clues???

and what do you think of the link to the therad that i mentioned in my last post?? any ideas on that.

and a couple of questions too

1. cmsadm is a service user isnt it ??

2. is the password hardcoded some where?

Thank you

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Lets try in s step wise manner. What i would suggest is you change the password of CMSadm user and before starting any import, log on to each component individually.

Make sure that you try each component CBS, CMS, DTR and SLD. Also if your user is located in ABAP stack make sure that you also login there.

When you change the passwd, is it like you have to change it again before using it, much similar to the when the user logs on for the first time.

About password being hardcoded, its just that apart from the usual places the passwd may be stored at some other place also. We just have to go and change there also. Hence i am suggesting that you login in to individual components so that we can try to localise where exactly the error is coming.

Also i hope you have not the Administrator or j2ee_admin passwd also. Because this passwd has to be maintained in many places. Do let me know.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will test it by changing the password and will login into all the components.

1. BTW, when you say, "Administrator / j2ee_admin" password, you mean the administrator password of target runtime systems, isnt it?

if you were mentioning them, i didnt change them.

2. Also could you please have a look at the SAP Note, 896427. In the note, they were talking about "the NWDI admin user/password". is that the "CMSadm" user.

becuase, i am not using administrator account of NWDI for anything.

Thanks

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I meant the Administrator passwd of the system on which NWDI is installed.

Have you followed this note? By NWDI admin they the CMSadm user.

Do let me know if you were able to implement this note.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, 896427 did work.

thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Thank you

P.S: Points awarded

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi reddy,

It would be great if you could just jot down the steps that you had carried out so that others may benefit from it. Especially the part where you might have changed the XML content and where did you place the comment as mentioned in the note. That would really help.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Here are the steps that I followed:

Changed the password of CMSadm in XID, XIQ and XIP and UME of both NWDI and SLD (which is only one ABAP system in our case)

Entered the new password in domain tab of NWDI Landscape configurator and saved the domain

Edited the XML file of SC involved in the tracks with the following line

<!-- user/password update -->

as a first statement in the XML file that would appear when you select a track and select a SC and click on view/edit XML content.

A dialog box will be popped up asking for "save" , "save and restore" (this is only with SP15 JDI)..selected "save and restore"

changed the CMSadm password at

http://nwdiserver:port/dtr/system-tools/administration/NameServerConfiguration

Steps at the client side:

Remove the corresponding dev configuration from NWDS

Re-import the new dev configuration from the server

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i have the same problem becouse i change the password of the CMSADM user.

I read the note 896427 and all posts to this thread. But i have some questions:

1. Edited the XML file of SC involved in the tracks

-

> of all SC`s? That means Software Components for Development and

Required Software Components?

Or only the first of one of them?

2. <!-- user/password update -->

-

> Must i add exact this command "<!-- user/password update -->"

or must i replace user=CMSADM and

replace password=NEW PASSWORD?

2. Is it necessary to restart the NWDI system?

Thank you!!

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

pasting the note some one who doesnt have access...

-

Symptom

Server communication problems after the reconfiguration of the NWDI admin user/password.

Other terms

NWDI, admin user, user update, password update, user/password update, communication error, landscape user, domain user

Reason and Prerequisites

The new user/password configuration is not updated in all NWDI landscape servers. The automatic update is not implemented.

The use case / Precondition:

In the NWDI CMS Landscape Domain Data UI the admin user and password are defined. In addition at least one NWDI track is already configured.

The NWDI administrator has to change the NWDI admin user/password.

Solution

In order to update the new user/password configuration for all NWDI Servers manual steps are required.

The required steps:

1. Change the NWDI admin user/password configuration in UME if not yet done.

2. Change the NWDI admin user/password configuration in the NWDI CMS Landscape Domain Data UI (CMS User, CMS Password).

3. Update User/Password Configuration in the configured CBS Buildspaces if necessary with the following steps:

a) in CMS UI -> Landscape Configurator, for each track

make a change in the XML Content of one software component of the track. Add the line "<!-- user/password update -->" in the XML Content as the first line. Use "View/Edit XML" button on the Developed Software Component table.

if needed, change user / password for runtime systems of the current track, too

save the track (do not use "save and restore" in the popup)

b) IF AND ONLY IF there is CBS Communication Exception shown at the bottom of the page, you should follow the steps listed below:

in Visual Admin -> Server -> Services -> Component Build Service, set IdleStart as true, then restart CBS.

restart the J2EE Engine

in CMS UI -> Landscape Configurator, for each track

I) make a change in the XML Content of one software component of track.add the line"<!-- user/password update -->" in the XML content as the first line. Use "View/Edit XML" button on the Developed Software Component table.

II) if needed, change user / password for runtime systems of the current track, too

III) save the track (do not use "save and restore" in the popup)

in Visual Admin -> Server -> Services -> Component Build Service, set IdleStart as false, then restart CBS.

4. Navigate to Transport Studio and restore system state of development and consolidation of each track.

5. Update User/Password Configuration of name server in the configured DTR Servers

Check the name server configuration of your DTR server as described in the following SAP Help documentation (see section "Configuration of the Name Service"): http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b9/b4de3f68d48f15e10000000a155106/content.htm

If the user/password in the name server configuration is not updated with the new NWDI admin user/password configuration you have to set the new user/password manually.

The problem has been solved in 7.00 SP13

Header Data