Did you mean: 

WBS coding problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created project mask: P-0000000-00-00 and my special characters are:

PL SL ET Sp SP SP SP SP SP SP SP Edit ANo

1 " / . : 1 ; - < = %

Something is wrong with project's coding.

I try to create new project with cj01. In the first screen I select project definition as "P-0000001". After I press "enter" system goes to the second screen and changes project definition to "P". Why?

I had maintained validation and substitutions rules before and executed program RGUGBR00 with all checked boxes. I suspect that might cause problem.

Please suggest how I can correct the problem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check with customisation in OPSK & OPSJ . If it fine than check weather you have maintain any validation/ sustituion rule related to Project coding mask.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

I have define the folowing data in OPSJ & OPSK:

Project code key is P

Coding mask is -0000000-00-00-00-00

Special characters in Project Number are:

PL SL ET Sp SP SP SP SP SP SP SP Edit ANo

1 " / . : 1 ; - < = %

They look fine for me.

I have removed all previously defined validation/ sustituion rules from project profile.

Regards,

Mikhail.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go to CJ01 and enter P1

to create project defintion

what happens? do you still get P??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I still get P instead of P1

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Approach 1

If you have deactivated validation / substitution rule related to the Project coding mask. Than once again run the same progrogram with similar parameter. & try.

If you are still getting any error / warning message realted to validation / sustitution rule than let us know.

Ask ABAP via running which programme you can deactivae ABAP coding for the validation & sustituion rule.

Approach 2

Altenatively take help of ABAP Guy & use TXn GGB4 for the validation / sustitution anaysis.

GGB4--> activate validation/sustation > Select PS radio button>click on validation> Project structure radio button> give the project no execute.

If you are in testing system than only you use GGB4.

Hope may get some sort of help out of it.

Regards

Nitin

Edited by: Nitin Patoliya on Dec 2, 2008 8:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried Approach 1 . No results. I couldn't find out ABAP program deactivae ABAP coding for the validation & sustituion rule.

Approach 2 didn't bring results too.

Regards,

Mikhail.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure but Take a help from ABAP team. He may furthure help you. Because I suspect that problem has been created by running this prog RGUGBR00.which gennerates ABAP coding for the validation/ substitution.

In one of scenario we have face problem related to this. If you are problem is in testing system & QA / PROD is up than you can also ask to compare code between these system. Our problem was resolved via this aproch only.

I feel that ABAP can hlep you further.

Regards

Nitin

Answers (0)