cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in an Invoice Form Printing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The customer is facing a problem when he is trying to generate a invoice with more than 3 line items in the line items window, whenever he is trying to process more than 3 line items, it is printing but overlapping the subtotal window, pleas tell me what could be the possible reason, and how we could rectify it. Also please tell me how can we go about debugging the invoice in the production system as it is not in the development system and I have been asked to debug it in the production system?

Regards,

MD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD,

Just insert a table line in the footer window with a blank text where the subtotal line is also there.

I mean you need to insert the Table line with Blank text before the Subtotal table line.

Hope this will resolve the overlapping issue.

You can take the function module name from Environment tab in the Smartform in the production system and open that FM name in SE37, put a break point somewhere using the logic in smartform and you can debug.

Another method is you can hardcode break point as BREAK-POINT. at some point in the program lines of smartforms and debug.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs, but it is a Script and not a smartform, also the user wants to know how many line items can be actually correctly printed before making any modification, so how can we find it when I debug it in the production system, and how exactly can we debug the invoice which I am calling from VF03 tCode in the production server.

Regards,

MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD,

You have no where mentioned that it is a Script.

Anyways, you can debug the script by clicking Activate Debugger in the Utilities of the Initial screen of SE71.

Once it is activated, when you try to trigger the output from VF03, you will get a pop up asking for the entry so that you can put break point at some command lines in the script.

Try this.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, forgot to mention that, but will SE71 work in the production system and I am not aware of the form name and the driver program as of yet, as the FC just gave me the o/p type and wants me to check the errors in the debug mode in the production system, so I am wondering how to go about it?

Regards,

MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD,

Its ok. You can go to SE16, open TNAPR Table ..give the output type that you know and get the Formname and Script name.

FYI , In TNAPR table, all the data of Forms and their driver programs are maintained.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that input, will try that and let you know if in case of any progress

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need inputs regarding an issue that the user is currently facing when he is trying to print an invoice with more than 6-7 line items and where the material description is maintained as long texts, because of the material text some of these line items are overlapping the subtotal section of the main window of script.

Please help me with some inputs or code if anyone of you have come across such situation while working with any of clients. Please remember it is a script and not a smartform.

Regards,

MD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD,

u can try this...

in driver prog (if it is not std) call the subtotal window after AT NEW command.

or

code the subtotal in separate /E (element).....

it will print the subtotal only after the previous print. one more thing plz confirm that subtotal window is not overlapping with some other window

adesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs, sorry forgot to mention that there is no separate window for this subtotal information, it is included in a text element within the same main window where we have text elements for printing the line item details also. Actually if there are 8-9 line items the main window calls a page break, but if there are about 7 line items which are distinct the main window tries to print all the line items within its window size and thereby overlapping the subtotal information in the o/p.

Please tell me if protect endprotect will help in this case?

Or if anyone has any code to handle this situation, please do let me know?

Regards,

MD.