cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional BP relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally, the Business Parter of the user will have relationship with the Business Parter of the organization unit, with which the user is associated (employee of). This relationship can be seen by entering the Business Partner of the user in transaction BP and going into the relationships.

As we know that the person (user) can exist at ONLY ONE place into the org structure, there can be only one relationship between the Business Partner of the user and that of the org unit.

Surprisingly, in our system I can see that there are TWO relationships and both are valid. Though, my user exists only at one place in org hierarchy (PPOSA_BBP) but it has two relationships with the org units and both are valid.

When I am trying to delete one relationship, it is saying that it is only possible in Org management, which I believe is PPOMA_BBP.

Can someone, guide me where this additional relationship is coming from and how can we delete it.

Regards,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

To delete the extra relationship do the following:

1. Go to transaction BP.

2. Search for ther BP for which the relationship has to be deleted.

3. Open the BP and click on Relationships button on the top right corner.

4. Search All relationships for the BP.

5. Select the relationship to delete and do the same.

Hope this helps solve your query.

Regards,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is correct.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi patrick,

Please check position of the user (s 5XXXXXX) in PP01 .How many relations are existed.

As far i know only one user can have relationship with only one org unit.

i am also wondering how it is possible a user can have relationship with more than one org id at the same time.

please check it upi. what version are you in?

best practice- hope that you have dragged the position of the user form one org to another org.

how did you move that user? expalin if you did.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

The type of relationship between the user's business partner and Org unit's business partner, is "Employee of". Ideally, the "Employee of" relationship with the OLD org unit should end once that user is transferred (dragged) to some other Org unit but in our system it is not happening and all the OLD relationships also exists that's why I wanted to delete the OLD BP relationships, which the system is not allowing and saying that it is possible in Org maintenance (PPOMA_BBP) where this relationship does not exist.

Regards,

Patrick

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I understand the there was one user and he was assigned to one old organisation .later you have moved the same user to new organisation.now you are telling that this same user relations are also existing with old organisation. correct me if my understanding is correct or not. As per the standard at one time ,one user can have assigned to only one organisation only. which version are you in? .i believe system will not allow you to have more relationship with more than one organisation at the same time .correct me if i were wrong.

regards

muthu

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user is consistent in org hierarchy and the relationship type is "Employee of". When I am looking into the table BUT050 all the previous org unit's BP relationships exists with the user's business partner, all are valid.

Checking for consistency comes positive and shows that the employee is consistent.

Regards,

Patrick

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

What is the existing relationship for that business partners .For eg. we can create a vendor hierarchy between the suppliers in bp.

which BP you are trying to delete? check it up.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We cannot delete these relationships directly in BP transaction --> this is the standard behavior.

Can you check if you can correct thsi using the report HRALXSYNC? We should repair the user to make the user consistent in SRM as the relationships cannot be delete from BP.

Rgds,

Prasanna

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi patrick

Are you talking about relationship between two BPs.

here you can see relationship in these following tables.

But050 and but052 .

you can delete the BP by one report bupa_test_delete in se38.

can you explain what is the relationship existing betwen two BPs via BP -> relationship ?

for eg one vendor(a) is one bp as well as he has contact person(b) . this relations also you can see via relationship a -supplier bp - b is a contact person for a

regards

Muthu