cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word Templates and EASY Document Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am currently evaluating Easy DMS for a customer and a couple of questions popped up.

Is it possible to create new Word documents based on a template from SAP DMS directly in MS Word?

Is it possible to use DMS Template documents in EASY DMS.

By templates I mean, MS Word documents stored in SAP DMS that have been customised as templates?

Lastly, can we use the mergefield technology of SAP DMS, in the new WebUI, in the EASY DMS solutions. I.e. can the new word document include metadata, like Document Status, if it was created using the WebUI and the EASY DMS solutions?

Any answers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sonny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonny,

Kindly go through the following external vendor presentation about how a Easy DMS interface would look like.

http://www.ideo-nl.com/pdf/nb3Q05SAP_EDMSv2.pdf

If you have any questions after going through the presentation, please do let me know,

Sojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sojan

Thanks, for answering. This presentation does not answer my specific questions regarding the use of templates and the mergefield technology. If you have any advice on this I would be very happy.

Sonny

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, i dont think these kind of cases have been tested with eDMS (from the experience by following SDN related to easyDMS issues)- so my suggestion is install the latest eDMS and test it and see how much it suits your requirement..once you know the gaps - then how to fill the gaps can be discussed in the forum..

rgds

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, i am planning to, but couldnt wait

Former Member
0 Kudos

great..also plz post ur findings also so that others can also benefit by it:-)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to SAP NOTE 796807 for copying metadata from DMS to word documents.

Regards,

Anil.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi, we can't find this SAP note. Has it been replaced with a different one?