Did you mean: 

Role Import in CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are two options of choosing the source system for role import in CUP

1. Back end system

2. ERM

I am facing problems in importing roles in CUP from ERM. The system shows a successful import but the number of roles imported are Zero. However if I choose the Backend system as source system, the roles get imported in CUP.

can someone help me with this issue. I want to import roles from ERM because roles imported from ERM will have all the role attributes like Business process, Sub business process, functional area etc which are not available if we import roles from backend.

Regards,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

That is one of the issues in CUP. You have to delete roles from each page one by one. You can always update the roles by uploading the spreadsheet.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sahad,

>

> That is one of the issues in CUP. You have to delete roles from each page one by one. You can always update the roles by uploading the spreadsheet.

>

> Regards,

> Alpesh

Is this still an issue with CUP? We need to delete all roles in our test CUP system. If it is not possible to mass delete rolls via CUP functionality, is there a script to help us achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

--

Jes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jes,

Please let me know if you found a solution to mass delete roles from CUP role catalogue.

For the moment, I'm just reuploading the excel again with the roles that I don't want on "disabled".

Best regards,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

did it finally work for anybody to import roles from ERM into CUP? We plan not to use some fields in CUP so far, but with the current configuration e.g. Functinoal Areas seem to be required in CUP.

Kind regards,

R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, importing from ERM to CUP worked for me only after I managed to sync all the naming of the Functional Area, Business Process and Sub-Process between ERM and CUP. However I had wanted to extract the Company Code assignment to a role from ERM to CUP but I realise the value can't be imported if the role is a single role, seems like only derived role would have the company code value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All these configuration have to be done manually. As of now, there is no other way. You have to either upload BP, Sub process, functional area etc through file upload or create them one by one.

After completing all the role attribute configuration, you can import roles via backend or spreadsheet.

Regards,

Alpesh

SAP GRC Manager (PwC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh

But from where we have to download the roles incase we need the business process and sub proccess to be present. IF we go with the easy method as you said, will it have these business process and sub process values associated with the roles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh

I have now uploaded the roles. but when i try to delete the roles form search roles option and tick system, only roles that are in the same page is getting deleted. I tried to upload a new set of rules from another excel with overwriting option. but it is not getting deleted.

Do you know any option to mass delete the roles from CUP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahad,

Did you look at CUP logs? Is ERM and CUP installed on same server? Have you configured Business process and sub process exactly same as in ERM?

There are 2 ways to upload roles into CUP using spreadsheet:

1) Cumbersome method, if you don't have roles maintained in Excel: You can get R/3 roles via SUIM or some other method and manipulate them to match the role import template of CUP

2) Easy method : Import all the necessary roles into CUP via Backend. Once you have all the roles in CUP, go to 'Search Roles'. Click on 'Search' button without providing any search criteria. This will return all the roles available in CUP. Now, click on Export button. CUP will export all the roles into Excel spreadsheet in the format which CUP understands. Now, delete all the roles from CUP and play with the spreadsheet to manipulate other parameters like role approvers, systems, business process etc and upload that spreadsheet into CUP.

Both these methods require some manual work.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh

Can you please give an idea if there is a standard way in which we can use sap supplied/standard values for company, functional Area, Application Area, Business Process, Business Sub process, Functional Area and Company?.

Or does we need to actually add these values manually?. Is there any way we can get these valuves from RAR or from our ERP back end system?

So I suppose after this step we need to actually do the steps you have said especially Import all the necessary roles into CUP via Backend.

Please help me on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Try This....

Maintain only same Business process and Sub-business process in CUP (Access Enforcer) which you maintain in the ERM(Role Expert), After that go for import roles from ERM.

Please let me know, still you facing any issue during Role import.

Kind Regards,

Jagat

Edited by: Jagat Bir Singh on Dec 3, 2008 2:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

"Another method is to import roles from a spreadsheet file."

How can we import roles from a spreadsheet file?. Also how can we get all the roles in a spreadsheet?

I need this information as if you import only via spreadsheet the attributes will be available in CUP. other wise we need to manually define later. How can we get the roles in spreadsheet? Does we need to use SUIM and download it to an excel then upload it to CUP?

Please help.

Regards

Sahad

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Jagat Bir Singh

This solution works

> Maintain only same Business process and Sub-business process in CUP (Access Enforcer) which you maintain in the ERM(Role Expert), After that go for import roles from ERM.

>