cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiMapping (Mapping Error)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Scenario : Idoc --> JDBC (Should Insert into two Oracle DBs)

Used multimapping for this and configured the scenario (Enhanced Interface Determination)

But i get a mapping error because : IDOC imported donot have the Element "message1"

which got reflected when i said my Target Interface is Two Messages.

<ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge">
   <ns0:Message1>
      <ZIDOCPLANORDER>
         <IDOC BEGIN="">
            <EDI_DC40 SEGMENT="">

Actual Should be

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ZIDOCPLANORDER>
   <IDOC BEGIN="">
      <EDI_DC40 SEGMENT="">
         <TABNAM/>
         <MANDT/>
         <DOCNUM/>
         <DOCREL/>

how to Achieve this advice please

regards

srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm guessing that you are getting mapping errors when using the test tab. You need to edit your IDOC (in XML form) in order to test it. Use notepad in editing the IDOC, add the following tags:

1. after <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> add the tag <ns0:Messages xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/SplitAndMerge"> <ns0:Message1>

2. scroll down to the end of your message and add this tag: </ns0:Message1></ns0:Messages>

Save the message as XML.

This should work when you are testing your messages in Integration Repository only. When the actual scenario is needed (runtime), there is no need to add the tags in your IDOC.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dsp,

Exactly same wat u said is my problem.

While testing in test tab i added the extra tags , but while running the scenario too i got mapping error.

Let me check again and get back if any

thx 4r help

regards

srini

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay Srini,

Just update the thread of the results.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

What dsp boys said is exactly correct. you will get the problem while testing. you have to copy the xml structure form IDOC type node and replace it in the test tab.

the results will be successfull

Regards,

Krishnaraju

Edited by: v r krishnaraju mudunuri on Dec 3, 2008 1:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops

I misunderstood the problem

When you are testing you get this error.

You need to get the data into test from the node under Messages1.

Add tags as said by dspboys save the message as XML and load back to mapping for test

Thanks

Gaurav

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you use the multi mapping feature in graphical maps then it adds the two additional XML tag which you have pasted above and it expects the structure to appear in that way, so create an dummy map as the first map in the interface mapping which will just pass the IDOC the way it is to second map or by additing the XML tag which you mentioned above.

Graphical maps will validate the incoming XML structure with the XML structure you mentioned in the Message Mapping so it is throwing you error in runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thx 4r all

Srini

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to delete the metadata and run the scenario first and check.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have re-imported and deleted metadata in IDX2 also.

My question is when i use 1:n mapping in the target side i choosed tab message and given two MT , by giving so automatically my source IDOC structure came up header as "message1"

any clues

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

When you are trying to do multmapping you will get Messages as header and it will create one more header to the IDOC metadata while executing mapping. There is no option to avoud Messages and Message1 field while doing multimapping.

You can do Java or ABAP mapping and can generate the target

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

<<<Scenario : Idoc --> JDBC>>>

Your target is JDBC, right? So in that case you dont have to change the idoc structure.

Also can you provide the exact error and more info about ur scenario, so that it will be easier to trace the exact error.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u see my post i have mentioned clearly i have not changed my IDOC but when i select the Two Message types in my Target , i get a extra Element shown above (Message1) in my idoc.

this structure is not matchin with my actual IDOC generated from R3

Rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Inputs

Srini