cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order bom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Is there any possibility to shift the cost all of the components to the header level in a sales order BOM?

The scenario is..

I m producing FG say e.g cpu, monitor etc. the entire components are packed and defined as a final product say e.g. Computer which will be a dummy material and will not have any standard or moving price in material master.The said dummy material will have a sales BOM of the 2 FGs(The computer will include bom of cpu and monitor)Now the two FGs manufactured will have cost. but the header item will not have any cost.

My requirement is I am trying to create a sales order in which I want the same cost of line items to be transfered to header material. Finally it has to hit CO-PA.

Please suggest.

Rgds,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

For this purpose you need two item category

In one means for computer you need item which should not have pricing but is relevant for billing

And in other for cpu and monitor, item category should have pricing but not relevant for billing.

So go to MM02 and change the item category group from NORM to LUMF for computer master data.

Now go to IMG u2013 sales and distribution u2013 sales u2013 sales document u2013 sales document item u2013 assign item category.

Assign the item with the combination of sales order and lumf and save it.

Do the setting for item category as given above.

Now create the sales order and see how the pricing is taking place.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmi,

I always feel comfortable with ur solution.

Actually the problem is as per my knowledge this can be done with pricing but not for costing. While costing the sales order, it reads the routing and the cost gets calculated. Here in this case the header material is not produced or manufactured so no routing maintained for it. But the item materials are being produced in the plant itself having routing. So the sales order reads the cost of these item level material.

Now the question is we want to transfer this item level cost to the header material which does not have any routing.

Can we have such provision in SAP?

Warm Regds,

Anand

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

Assuming that you have condition type EK02 in your pricing procedure, I have tested based on your requirement and have suceeded in that.

Once you enter the material code in the sale order, do the following:-

- From top menu bar, click on "Extras -- Costing -- Unit Costing"

- Input Costing Variant and execute

- Input the header material in "Resource", Quantity 1, and in "Price - Total", maintain the total cost of CPUs and Monitors and save

- Go to KE4I

- Maintain the condition type EK02 and select the box "Transfer +/-"

Now check whether the cost has been transferred to header material. If so, I should thank you for such a wonderful question through which, I have gained some knowledge.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmi,

Thanks again,

I will try the same and get back to u soon.

Rgds,

Anand

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

It is a general logic that if you input some header condition type in sale order, the value will be distributed equally for all line items. The same logic is applicable to cost also.

Having said this, I dont think without maintaining price for header material (Computer), you can transfer the cost and hit COPA. May be some finance expert can give a better solution.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

any suggestions ?

Rgds,

Anand