Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To do mass role maintenance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my organization, we have to change role description to more than 500 roles.

Generally we do that manually, opening each role and change the description.

But If I do like that it takes more time.

Can anybody tell me , is there any other way we can do mass role description change at a time in all roles.

Regards

Sreenivasu Balaka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can anybody tell me , is there any other way we can do mass role description change at a time in all roles.

For changing the role description you can use ECATT. There were quite a few topics on this in the past. Forum search will help you.

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can anybody tell me , is there any other way we can do mass role description change at a time in all roles.

For changing the role description you can use ECATT. There were quite a few topics on this in the past. Forum search will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody tell how to configure ECATT for mass role description change

0 Kudos

Use the search for eCATT tutorials. Once you are familiar with it then you can create your own in 5 minutes.

When changing descriptions with eCATTS avoid using special characters in the descriptions as they can cause errors & the records are skipped (or the eCATT stops)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

You can go through this document on ECATT.

[http://www.erpgenie.com/ecatt/index.htm]

Thanks & Regards,

Sudheer.