cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to localize a composite view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

using the Visual Composer 7.1 EhP 1 SP 1 I have modeled a composite view. The master language of the composite view is English. Now, I want to provide a German localization for my composite view.

How can I do this?

Best regards

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Do you use NWDI to store your models, or the local \ shared repository?

Do you use the browser version of Visual Composer, or the Eclipse version?

Regards,

Rachel Ebner

Development architect @ Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel!

Do you use NWDI to store your models, or the local shared repository?

Currently, I am using the local repository. However, I will switch to the NWDI in a few weeks.

Do you use the browser version of Visual Composer, or the Eclipse version?

Currently, I am using the browser version. Do you suggest to use the Eclipse version? How can I get/access it?

Best regards

Alexander

Edited by: Alexander Königs on Dec 2, 2008 2:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess, I am getting to it.

I have modeled a new composite view using the eclipse version of the VC. Now, I can see the MasterLanguage.xlf file.

I have copied this file to MasterLanguage_de.xlf and entered the German translations. After deployment my browser now shows the German translations.

Unfortunately, I currently fail to test whether the original language still work. What do I have to change to display the English texts?

Best regards

Alexander

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Please check you did this first:

1. Open the MasterLanguage_de.xlf file in a text editor (not the s2x editor) and changed the source-language="en" to source-language="de"

This tells VC that this language file is to be used when the language is German. Then deploy the model again and check that it switches back to English when you change the user language to English.

Best regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netanel!

Thank you very much. That solved my problem!

Best regards

Alexander

Answers (0)