cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Report to excel sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the report output the shipping point are starting from zero for ex: 0439, 0037 etc.. But when I download to the excel sheet the zero's are not appearing.Only 439, 37 appears

How to fix this problem

Regards

mano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, there are many fields in SAP which get automatically truncated due to field level routines. I mean to say that, if you try with MARA entries you will find some materials numbers starting with ZERO and if you double click on the same... they get truncated and ZERO gets removed... just try this and you will understand what I am talking about.

So, this is the basic reason for this non-appearance of zero once you download any report to excel. Also, excel you can have the zero starting values unless they are in text format...

Now, coming your problem you can download the report in "unconverted" format which will be saved into .txt file and then you can pull up this file to excel... hope this will help you..

Hope this will give you some clarity about this problem.

Hrishi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is entirly an Excel issue and not SAP. OK now select all the shipping point in excel>Right Click>Format Cells>Number Tab>Now select CUSTOM>now in Sample you can see the first number>now in Type delete general and put as many '0' as required so that it appear as '0023'

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

this problem is not with SAP download its standard EXCEL problem

You can try by downloading in notepad and then open as excel

Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mano,

Is this for all report or for a particular report??

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: Generally, Excel-sheet must be in Text-format (that means, select the complete sheet and right click --> Format cells --> Number --> Text)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is because the excel sheet stardard is that to exclude the Zero's if it is in front of a number. it is not a problem of SAP. IF you download the same in Text file you willbe getting Zero's also.

Regards,

Sudhir