Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replace NULL values from main table

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I like to remove the NULL values from a main table field. Or the question is how to replace any part of the string field in MDM repository main table field.

e.g. I have a middle name field partly the value is NULL in some hundreds of records, I like to replace NULL values with Space

any recommendation.

Regards,

Naeem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem,

You can search for the records which has got null value in the particular field by making use of

free-form search.For the field,give the operator-"is null-yes" and narrow down the records,

now you can select all the records and change the value in Record detail pane.Change will

get saved in all the records.

Thanks and Regards,

Preethi

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

I like to use any process which automatically looks the NULL value in the field and replace it with Space. I do not like to do it manually. It might be too hard to replace 1000 zents of records.

There may be any process like Transformation.

Regards,

Naeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem,

You can try using Workflows for automatically replacing NULLs with any specific value.

What you can do is: Create a workflow and set trigger action as Record Import, Record Create and Record Update. So, that whenever any change will occur in the repository; that workflow will trigger.

Now create an assignment expression for replacing NULLs with any specific value and use that assignment expression in your workflow by using Assign Step in workflow.

For exiting records, you will have to replace NULLs manually using the process given by Preethi else you can export those records in an Excel spreadsheet which have NULLs and then replace all NULLs with any string value and then reimport those records in your MDM repository.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Varun

Edited by: Varun Agarwal on Dec 2, 2008 3:12 PM

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

I have used workflow. It is working.

Thanks.

Answers (0)