Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple plant in one project

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PS gurus!

Want to know that can we create one project having multiple plant, if yes ? how we will do costing?How to customize?

plz let me know the concept.

Ansar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Project Defination is not cost object, if you want to use WBS element across the projects don't give any plant in the Basic data tab of project.

In the Project there will be WBS element based on requirement. Each WBS element can be assinged to required plant.

So, in the same project you can use WBS across plant & company code, for that no customisation is need to be done in PS.

Regards

Nitin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanx for all ur inputs

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can have multiple plants in one project

there is no customising for this - the plant would be set up as part of enterpise customising

the costing will be based on the WBS object assigned

for eg you can have a project where some work is carried out in plant A and some work in plant B - projects can be cross plant the cost will be assigned to the WBS based on the actual postings but the WBS can have different plant assignments

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx Virender Pal, neways congrats, you have achieved 1000 points, hope for more..

But one thing more i want to ask that can we do partial invoicing in our project.

let me know the concept. plz

Ansar

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your scenario is for customer project - you can do partial invoicing from the top level WBS element - which you would have linked to your sales order - from where you are carrying out partial invoicing.

It is assumed that in your scenario your plants are in the same company code

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think we can do it partially invoicing through DIP profile. Just want to know the perfect way, how to do it??

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes I can see no problem with DIP profile - you are using RRB functionality for invoicing