cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Availability Date Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

I have a client who requested to configure a route for a new customer..

I configured the new route: R1, it has 22 calendar days transit time, and 3 working days transportation Lead time.

Then she create an Export Order on 12/01.

Indicating the Required Delivery Date of 12/30.

Then Automatically the:

Material Availability Date defaulted to 12/8;

Goods issue date 12/8;

Loading Date 12/8;

Transportation Planning Date 12/3.

1. Am I right in saying that the computation for the Material Availability date for the above example is based on the indicated Required Delivery Date which is 12/30? Is it 12/30 - 22 days (transit time) = 12/08 MAD? Considering also that the material will have a stock that time (based on Planned orders)?

2. And then regarding the transportation Planning date, am I right in saying that it was computed 3 working days from MAD 12/8? (weekend 12/6 and 12/7)

3. How can I possibly configure the Material Availability Date to be 25 days from the Required Delivery Date without any impact to Transit time of 22 days? Is there any other way? Its like 22 days - Transit time and 3 days for material preparations?

I'll appreciate any prompt response. Thanks!

-Jisley-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

1) Transportation lead time TLT is the time that is required by the transport planning point to finalise & prepare for the tramsport (like finailise the carrier, route, costs etc).

So the TLT is 3 days from the order load date. The system need not wait till the MAD & then calculate MAD + 3 days for transportation planning time. Even tough material is available or not TLT is 3 days from order date.

2) When you mean 3 days, it need not necessarily mean 3 working days. Check the factory calender assigned to the route & the shipping point. Check what are definied as working days / holidays. System will calculate accordingly. If Sat & Sun are holidays in the factory calender, then it would take 3 working days. Else it is 3 calender days weekends not included.

3) MAD is calculated by the time mantained in MM02 -> MRP 2 screen. You will maintain the inhouse processing time for finished goods (internallly produced goods) & planned delivery time / GR processing time for trading goods (externally procured goods). If you are aware, MAD is calculated through backward scheduling from the requested delivery date RDD. From the RDD, system will go backwards & propose GI date, loading date, pick pack date basing on the times maintaind in shipping points & routes. Goods should be available on the pick pack date. Else it will check the new MAD (basing on MRP 2 values in MM02) & then carriers forward scheduling to propose a new confirmed delivery date. If you want to have MAD of 25 days, then maintain 25 in MM02 --> MRP 2 values & check it.

Regards,

Sivanand