cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different theme for different users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My company is currently using the external ITS 6.20 patch 19 to provide web access to our SRM 3.0 (EBP 4.0) system.

We have ITS instances running on Windows 2000 Server & IIS. All incoming traffic today is over the company intranet.

There's a new project on the horizon that requires providing web access to our SRM system from the public internet for external users. This users want to have different layout of templates and many graphical customization.

One solution is install another ITS instance in different port (e.g. 81) for external users. But my company don't want to open another port for internet use.

I'm trying to add new theme to existing ITS instance and implement program who recognize the user and redirect him to correct web template.

Is there any simplest way to solve this problem?

Regards,

Marcin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Well, for a start, it is possible to create different ITS services (srvc-files) for SAP GUI for HTML and to configure the theme per service. One service could be using theme 99 (Enjoy), another could be using theme 2002 (Streamline).

But from a security point of view it is an important question if you really want to use the same ITS instance for internal and external users.

Best regards,

Henning

Answers (0)