cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Material Inital Load Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am performing intial upload of material from backend - transaction R3AS.

I have been able to successfully load material groups and types - and system created two hierarchies:

R3MATCLASS and R3PRODSTYP - which are both correctly assigned to applicaitions purchasing and product respectively.

I then get this error when trying to replicate materials:

"Category for product hierarchy 001000010500000105 does not exist Message no. COM_PRODUCT_API003

Diagnosis

If the product hierarchy (sales) is used in the SAP system the product hierarchy must exist as a hierarchy in CRM before you import materials. When the Customizing object DNL_CUST_PROD1 is imported, the product hierarchy is imported automatically and created as the hierarchy R3PRODHIER.

Procedure

Check whether the product hierarchy has been imported successfully and whether the categories of the hierarchy exist

If necessary, import the Customizing object DNL_CUST_PROD1 after making sure that the structure for the product hierarchy is configured in the same way as in the SAP system."

I have re-imported DNL_CUST_PROD1 as suggested and still get the same error. I have created manually a hierarchy for sales R3PRODHIER. I have not been able to assign to application as I only have two application - purchasing and product and they are both assigned. I understand that the system is looking for a sales heirarchy since we have SD implemented on the ERP side - but how to I link the manually created category to its relevant application to make this work (if this is the answer)?

How do I create a new application (manually in SRM as it does nto seem to be coming through from R/3) to link it to a hierarchy? SAP helps says sales should also be available for selection but it is not in my case.

Please assist?

Thanks

T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer this below Marchin's Blog and note 720819 for your reference.

The sequences are very importnat in data download like first customizing object and business object.

are you following the above same.

not sure about your sales question.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am following that sequence. I have SD implemented in the backend and SRM is asking for a sales hierarchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning Gurus,

The problem has been resolved - Ive had to deactivate CRM and sales related data for this to work. Hopefully the CRM side will not be affected,but we will deal wiht that when we get there.

Thank you! T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tlale Mosimane ,

We are also facing the same issue.

Can you let me know, how you have deactivated the CRM and the sales related data to rectify this error?

Thanks in advance,

naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga

(using different account - but same person).

The problem is cause by the fact that some CRM components are used by SRM - so it has no relation really to whether you are using SD in the backend or not - you have to disable these.

Solution applied:

Transaction: BBP_PRODUCT_SETTINGS

Enter Username, eg SRM

Activate/diactivate service products (depending on whether you will be downloading service products from ERP or not respectively)

Execute - this takes a while so give it as much as 1 hr.

Then try the load again - also do check you RCF connection and site information.

Please award points if helpful

T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found this solution from another source and applied it and it was successful for me.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

reg,

naga.