cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live cache error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Previously in the machine SCM-ICH was installed. I uninstalled SCM-ICH, but I did'nt uninstall livecache.

I just deleted the contents of /sapdb/ directory. The machine is IBM-AIX server.

When I am trying to install SCM-ICH, I am getting the following error:

ERROR 2008-12-02 10:55:14

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: SdbSoftware.getExistingDbmcli(): IndepProgPath /sapdb/programs exists, but /sapdb/programs/bin/dbmcli is missing.

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

FCO-00011 The step CheckExistingSoftware with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|9|0|LIVECACHECLIENT|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|CheckExistingSoftware was executed with status ERROR .

Can any one help me to come out of this situation.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did not deinstall the database software correctly. The registration

in the files /etc/opt/sdb and /usr/spool/sql/ini/SAP_DBTech.ini is

still available. Delete the registrations (file /etc/opt/sdb and whole

directory /usr/spool/sql). Afterwards the installation should work.

Please delete the MaxDB Software with tool sdbuninst the next time and

not by deleting the directories.

Let us know the results.

Best Luck,

Atil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a very easy way is to install the MaxDB server software again. Just start the installation program and install all the server packages. Use the /sapdb/programs directory as the independent program path when the installation program asks you. This solves the issue.

Beside: you should use the uninstall procedures from sapinst to fully delete a SAP systems and its database.

HTH

André