cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerException at AWS model instantiation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to consume a third party web service in Web Dynpro using AWS model in NW7.0. But at runtime I am getting a NullPointerException at the very first line where I instantiated the model object. Line of code where the exception is thrown is QasWsModel qasModel= new QasWsModel(); where QasWsModel is the model name. It would be really helpful if you can give some clue on this.

Thanks & regards

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try deleting the existing Model from the "Models" section of your project. Then recreate the Model using the AWS Wizard. That should clear out the problem. If it doesn't then the model is not beinf created correctly in the AWS.

Try navigating to the exact name of the java file for the Model in the "Navigator" view.

If the Model java file name is accurate then there is probably an issue with the source of the Web Service Implementation. This would mean that you would have to regenerate the WSDL file to ensure that there were no issues.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

p256960.

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sudip,

As i understood from your message, You are trying to instantiate Webservice Model.

Under your webservice model there would be multiple model classes which you can invoke from your dynpro application.For every webservice method there will be a model class under the model.

Instantiate this model class rather than the model.

Hope it helps!

Mona