cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong saposcol status in ST06/OS06/OS07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have saposcol running on our team server. - "status -s" returns correctly, status: running.

However, when I checked the system information via SAP GUI with ST06/OS06/OS07, I found that the saposcol's status "not running (process ID not found).".

I've also checked in the server, the saposcol.exe is running and the author is <sid>adm.

Who can tell me how I can figure this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond Zhang,

if you have access to os level, try to restart the collecter with saposcol -l , before this stop the collecter with saposcol -k. Once you restarted make sure that os call is running with user root (/).

Regards,

S.Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

The problem is, saposcol runs well in the os level all the time. I have searched some notes and some of them give the same recommendation with yours, but they don't help in my case. After I restart the saposcol -l in the os level, saposcol -s returns "running", while the os collector's status remain "not running blabla" in ST06.

The OS user I used is <sid>adm, which was already added into the admin user group.

And here is some information that may help. actually I have installed two SAP systems on one server, one is ERP(sid is 'ESH'), the other is CRM(sid is 'CSH'). I checked saposcol's status both in os level and SAPGUI, the result is as follows.

###############OS level#####SAP GUI(ST06...)#

ESH System: ###running ##### not running

CSH System: ###not running ## not running

In the os level, both the process saposcol.exe and the Service SAPOSCOL are performed by user 'eshadm'.

Please advice more.

Edited by: Raymond Zhang on Dec 2, 2008 6:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

please go through the note 522453 & 1013331

-Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks very much.

After update the kernel patch of the server to the latest one as one note you suggested mentioned, the ST06 shows right status of saposcol and the data are collected correctly.

Problem solved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Goto ST06

--click on "operating system collector" or (F6)

start the SAPOSCOl

-Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gokul,

I've done what you said before, and actually that is exactly where I found my saposcol problem.

After I click the "Start" button, the screen jumped out of the OS collector screen and return to st06's main screen. If I went into the OS collector screen again, I would again found the collector "not running blabla".

Could you give more advice?