cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall MI Client with new device ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

In MI 7.0 I removed a device ID and uninstalled the client.

After reinstallation, I created same user locally and after first sync I received a new device ID.

Then I assigned the xAPPL to the device ID and run new sync.

After sucessfully instalation the old device ID is assigned back to the device.

Therefore I cannot perform any sync since the old device ID has been removed from the server.

Any tips?

Regards,

Renato

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Here is the whole procedure:

1) In the Netweaver Administration Tool I selected remove device (for device ID MOBILE_00002)

2) In the client I uninstalled SAP Mobile Infrastructure and rebooted.

3) I reinstalled SAP Mobile Client, created local user(same as before uninstallation: MAU_01) and set connection data to middleware.

4) I performed first synchronization and got new device ID (MOBILE_00006).

5) In Netweaver Administration Tool, Device Maintenance, I assigned our xMAU to the Device ID filtering by user MAU_01).

6) Perfomed a new synch in the client. The application was installed.

7) I performed a restart in the Mobile Client and found out that old device ID was assigned back (MOBILE_00002).

I repeated this steps twice with same result.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, it was step 5 that I was after. I have unfortunately not an MI7.0 system in front of me, but from the past I know that we had an issue there. Please, can you check the SP level you are on and compare it with the most actual one? It is okay, if you are max two level behind, but if you are older, please upgrade. As well you should use setup packages and assign these to the user. So whenever he installs a new device he will get these apps down to his device. Hopefully that way you do not have this issue.

Rgards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

As feedback I found the cause of the problem. Since I'm installing the pilot client in a Windows Vista laptop, program files were installed in:

C:/Program Files/SAP Mobile Infrastructure

I don't know why, when you start the application, these files are

transfered to:

C:\Users\<my user>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure

All time I was uninstalling the MI client, only the C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure were being deleted, but not the other route.

After uninstalling the application I manually deleted the other route.

With new installation, the aplication received a new device ID and it was not assigned automatically to the old one.

Best regards,

Renato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how do you assign the xApp to the device? This could be the reason for this weired issue.

Could you please describe this procedure?

Regards,

Oliver